football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

logged in today and my team is gone :confused: what kind of shit is that?

did it happen to anyone else?

yea, that happened to everyone. They changed the price of the players. Ronaldo is a massive 14.0 now.:rolleyes:

edit: created another SuFu league. The code below is updated.

They also included a head-to-head league. Pretty cool concept

it's not unlike the popularity of the sport in australia. except we didn't have to move continents in order to stop getting shown up by the nth team in south america every four years :D.

spain v us: landycakes is on the team sheet but doubt he'll play, if i have to see bradley/clark pt 2 i'll shoot myself. i'd prefer playing deuce in the hole in front of bradley / mastroeni / edu in a 4-5-1 with johnson up top and beasley / adu on the wings. but that ain't ever going to happen

^

With all due respect the US men's team suck.

I'm not saying they play well. Its just my national side. Its safe to say that I may never put money on them, although I would like to see some decent results. Who is it that you support? Who would you say could take Euro2008? Who is the top national team in the world?

id put my money on portugal or spain.

'Put a few quid on France and Germany.

Klose to be top scorer ... hopefully the Germans will still have something to play for when Austia come around so he won't be rested ...

Everyones jumping on Spain this year ... they've let me down too many times in the past ... not sure about their super narrow system. Is Senna really that good? Look set up for some attractive football though ... Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta. If Torres isn't burnt out for the Premiership he'll get a bag full.

Can't understand why noones getting more excited about the French ... have two of the most talented players in Europe if not the world in Benzema and Ribery. Henry didn't have his usual 30 goal season but it didn't go that badly for him personally. Their defence was joint top in the qualifiers ... and that includes two ridiculous defeats to the Scots. They need Malouda to find some form though and I guess their warm up games have been pretty disappointing, but I think they scrap through their group (they've already beaten italy in the qualifiers) and improve from there.

Germany's group is piss easy. This time round noone can say 'this is the poorest German team I've seen for years' - a taunt to which they respond by promptly reaching the Semis/ Final.

-oh shit just saw France needed a pen to churn out a 1-0er against the mighty Columbia. Really inspires confidence ...

ya... Spain's due for a major title... and why not with all that talent...

Spain is long overdue but they have talent ever year but cant take it anywhere. I don't know what it is. I have been on the Spain kick for a couple years now but they just cant do anything. My heart is with Spain but my dividends will be put on the Germans even though I hate them with a passion.

I'm not saying they play well. Its just my national side. Its safe to say that I may never put money on them, although I would like to see some decent results. Who is it that you support? Who would you say could take Euro2008? Who is the top national team in the world?

England is the best team in the world ever.

Yes I am delusional.

England is the best team in the world ever.

Yes I am delusional.

In all honesty I think England is missing one thing that the US is (US is missing a lot more than this one thing). Its a truly creative player. They have a bunch of good players but where is their spark? That one player that every time they get the ball every englishman cant look away, and ever apposing fan cringes at the thought of what they are going to do.

In all honesty I think England is missing one thing that the US is (US is missing a lot more than this one thing). Its a truly creative player. They have a bunch of good players but where is their spark? That one player that every time they get the ball every englishman cant look away, and ever apposing fan cringes at the thought of what they are going to do.

One word: Rooney.

When in form, he can be the bright spark.

Look at Man U. They lose when he is not playing at all.

Even though he did not reach 20 goals a season, he is still damn valuable and Fergie wont sell him just like he wont for Ronnie.

Joe Cole maybe. But in his Chelsea games, he just cant score despite all the step overs.

Ok does US have a creative player?

Duce? Beasley? Young kid from Benfica?

I don't think so,