Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

that LA Riot remix of What's Your Name is out of control. I was reading and had to put my book down.

is anyone going to hard this weekend?

im SO unbelievably hyped for it.

i have my plane ticket booked to LA from Guadalajara, MX (just finished summer school here) and i planned on coppin some tix at the door...but a family emergency came up on the east coast and i wont be able to attend unfortunately.

anyone heard of this cat Redial?

http://discodust.blogspot.com/2008/07/redial.html

i'm liking his shit. picked up right where kavinsky left off with the retro, 16 bit gaming system laced sound with a bit of his own touch. nice.

fuck gameboy/gamegirl that was one of the worst concerts ive ever heard.

miami horror was tight for the 10 mins he spinned. pretty dissapointed in that show.

i'm sorry dude. i heard that the miami show was wack. hopefully some good shows will come up and we'll fucking rage.

So I'm apprehensive to post this, being my first effort, but here's my first mix:

http://rapidshare.com/files/130287217/Mix_-_7.16.2008.mp3.html

Track list:

Cut Copy - Going Nowhere (Digitalism remix) > Justice - Phantom Pt. II (Soulwax remix) > Digitalism - Pogo (Hey Today! remix) > A-Trak - Say Whoa (taken from Nike + Original Run) > Surkin - Ghetto Obsession > Shitdisco - I Know Kung-Fo (Goose remix) > Feadz - Back it Up (ft. Spank Rock) > Klaxons - Atlantis to Interzone > Justice - Let There Be Light (DJ Funk remix) > The Whip - Trash (South Central remix)

enjoy!

Its a little rough around the edges, and it's all computer based (too cheap for real decks), so I did a little post-editing on it. Let me know what you think.

jeepster i havent listened to it yet but buy a behringer bcd-2000 or 3000. its not the best hardware interface (features are pretty good, but the build quality is sketchy), but everything that's even remotely comparable costs 3 times as much.

also, peaches was probably the best gig i've been to so far this year other than digitalism. her music was average to good, but everything else was superb.

jeepster i havent listened to it yet but buy a behringer bcd-2000 or 3000. its not the best hardware interface (features are pretty good, but the build quality is sketchy), but everything that's even remotely comparable costs 3 times as much.

also, peaches was probably the best gig i've been to so far this year other than digitalism. her music was average to good, but everything else was superb.

I was looking at one the other day when I was at Guitar Center, but I found the Numark Total Control to be a little more user friendly, and based on the cost between the two, I'd take the Numark over the Behringer.

I'll have to put them next to each other to decide.

I was looking at one the other day when I was at Guitar Center, but I found the Numark Total Control to be a little more user friendly, and based on the cost between the two, I'd take the Numark over the Behringer.

I'll have to put them next to each other to decide.

hercules djc seems pretty good too, and dem shits run for cheaper than the numark tc and you wont need that i/o interface

the quality of the numark is quite good considering its price. its more expensive though ($300?) and doesnt have half as many features as the behringer.

anyways the point is you need some kind of interface. right now i have a behringer that i bought used from a friend for 100 euros, and if i'm still into this shit in 6-12 months, i'll buy a real setup.

Not sure if this mix of mine will go down well or not...its electro but probably not as many people know it these days (ie it's not electrohouse or nu rave or something).

I still mix the old way, 2xSL1200s and pure vinyl apart from my intro track

It got played a few times on the Cybernetic Broadcasting Systems (rip) and was pretty popular there so hopefully a few cats here might enjoy.

Mix: http://www.retali8one.com/RETALI8_-_A_Long_Way_to_Heaven.mp3

DIY Artwork: http://www.retali8one.com/RETALI8_-_A_Long_Way_To_Heaven_Artwork.rar

01. RETALI8 - A Long Way From Heaven (Intro) [Zerohour]

02. Giorgio Moroder - Liebes-Arie (Love Song) [Oasis]

03. Novamen - Try to be a Novaman [Murdercapital]

04. Carl A. Finlow - Anomaly [Device]

05. Anthony Rother - God of the Gods [PSI49NET]

06. Luke Eargoggle - Nya Regler [bunker Records]

07. Franck Sarrio - Skyscraper [bunker Records]

08. Silicon Scally - Magnified [Device]

09. Johannes Heil - Brotherhood of Snakes [Datapunk]

10. Los Hombres Nova - El Corredor De Las Dunas [Original Street Techno]

11. Luke Eargoggle - Worship Services [bunker Records]

12. I-F - Theme from Murdercapital [Murdercapital]

13. Legowelt - Berlin Ostbahnhof [Eat This Records]

14. Novamen - There's No Escaping [Viewlexx]

15. Luke Eargoggle - Japanese Whisky [bunker Records]

16. Rude 66 - Machine [bunker Records]

17. Dexter - I Program [Clone]

the quality of the numark is quite good considering its price. its more expensive though ($300?) and doesnt have half as many features as the behringer.

anyways the point is you need some kind of interface. right now i have a behringer that i bought used from a friend for 100 euros, and if i'm still into this shit in 6-12 months, i'll buy a real setup.

Same, im buying some type of interface soon, and if i do get into this shit ill get some SL1200s and a serato or something like that

so, i did end up going to HARD. it was all sorts of fun. it confirmed in my eyes completely, however, that electro is turning into the new emo/screamo when it comes to a very "scene" sort of crowd following it. mstrkrft was a bit dissapointing, especially because NORE could not manage to keep up with the beat but still insisted on performing "bounce" along with them twice in a row. bloody beetroots fucking MURDERED! it's too bad they had to end their set early. fucking promoters.

anyone else dance some holes into their brain at last night's ecstasy fest?

haha, their godfather theme introduction was so appropriate. i can't decide weather i more went lose my fucking mind to the second bass drop during bluto fucks popeye or when they played jump around.

did you see JFK fall off the stage during their performance? i dont know how that dude gets so fucking trashed during a show and then does it again and again. al-p taking swigs off the crown bottle flu be damned showed near michael jordan-like perserverance.

kind of bummed i missed a trak...but in the midst of my vehemenent gum chewing and nearly involuntary head figure 8's during mstrkrft i was not about to step any further away from the woofers without becoming very disappointed. mmmmm felllllgoooooooooooooood.

i'm glad you dudes enjoyed hard

this weekend in sf there was beetroots on friday, they were fucking hype, they played a fucking 1:45 set AND they took their masks off, it was sick

saturday was datarock and flosstradamus, datarock was amazing, floss was dissapointing only because the crowd was such shit. i went to an underground minimal techno loft afterparty, first time to one of those in sf, and it was fuckin bangin. i think i might frequent more underground loft parties in the future.

for scene chicks though, trust me, they are better than top 40 broads, (HATE ALERT) there were some top 40 broads like 6 of them in a group at this loft party and they didn't even fucking dance, i'm not even sure they knew what was going on. they would just dance for like 5 seconds so they could get pictures taken of them selfs and then just stop again. i'm sure all they heard was AFTERPARTY and tooled it up like the tools they were to that place

it's my brand new Brixton fedora now permanently sweat damaged. always use these types of shows to push my limits in off beat attire. where did you find the pic?

my homie and i bought weed off the guy in the wild all over print hoodie with the camera up. thanks again if you're out there my dude!

that Pedrophilia (Chewy Chocolate Cookies Remix) is fucking nutssss

such a banger

link? what mix is it in?

edit- found it, id still like to know if you heard it in a mix though hahaha

and because I haven't contributed sh1t...

myspace.com/wearevilains

check out the thriller remix "thrilla" --> out of control

link? what mix is it in?

edit- found it, id still like to know if you heard it in a mix though hahaha

and because I haven't contributed sh1t...

myspace.com/wearevilains

check out the thriller remix "thrilla" --> out of control

no it wasn't in a mix, it was a bonus song on some blog, i forget which, i'm definitely adding it to this mix i'm working on though, shit is banging

royale... i'm on the hunt for a few of those LA riots tracks. laidback luke & a-trak... dope. the Tiga release is coming with remixes from Black Devil Disco Club, DIM, Von Party, and also that Yuksek/Brodinski... should be fucking sick.

CCC: their link for busy p remix - their Plastic Operator - Home remix is fucking crazy also.

i'm sure you've seen this vid around... erol dropping some mega new tracks:

mgmt - kids (soulwax remix)

jIAOP-jDJwc

no idea! sounds like it's going to be huge. i love how it comes in.

bkWDDZr6yAM