Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

alright i found it. this is where i hit my maximal limit. ow.

when it comes to recent raven remixes i'd prefer kazey & bulldog's mpc reverse remix:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mn1g2zznj3d

a little re-editing, a couple hand claps and hi hats. drumpads are still alive and well.

royale that remix is crazy....

but weidna that remix absolutely blows a dick. i seriously can't stand b-more, and that sounds like 1,000 songs i've heard before. same drum pattern, same kit, same b-more sample, same everything. what's the deal? no offense to you, just hate the shit.

raven seems like a tough one to remix. polymorphic's gets my vote-

http://www.mediafire.com/?5jhrizdmyzi

I realized, I don't really like raven. No matter what remix I hear, it still sounds like a whining lil bitch with no real substance. Decoy was 10000x better

Really. Raven is NOT at all what it's hyped to be. I would still dance my bones out.

Oldie but goodie: Pogo (Digitalism's Pogo Robotic Mix)

Does anyone want to up any of the following albums:Hot Robot, Style of Eye's last CD, Lamb's Anger ?

I stayed home and went to sleep instead of going to Switch DJ gig...mistake?

My friend just booked Switch for a party here and... he never showed up for his set time.

I don't think you missed much. Most of the time he's too drunk to keep his shit together.

anybody know of any parties for NYE on the east coast? i think crystal castles is in williamsburg but that's all i know of

Dunno if this is your thing but we went for a smaller party/cover approach and booked Kill the Noise.

http://newyork.going.com/event-477080;Famous_Friends_NYE_Party_Kill_The_Noise_TADT

I fucking hate the new going.com.

p.s. in case anyone slept:

Flying Lotus essential mix!!!

royale that remix is crazy....

but weidna that remix absolutely blows a dick. i seriously can't stand b-more, and that sounds like 1,000 songs i've heard before. same drum pattern, same kit, same b-more sample, same everything. what's the deal? no offense to you, just hate the shit.

raven seems like a tough one to remix. polymorphic's gets my vote-

http://www.mediafire.com/?5jhrizdmyzi

well i guess we can agree to completely disagree. that romulus and remus remix (remus remix remus remis remus remix remus re....) is pretty disgusting. they distorted the synths, made the "ugh"s continuous and threw in a few filter effects. subtle and irritating. i bet it would sound like a big long fart on a big system.

iv never liked bmore club in the least bit. the kazey remix is also subtle but (here comes a cliche) effective, it just makes raven a little more club/party friendly.

to be honest i never bought into the raven hype...except when boys noize fucks with it in a set. now that is some worthy shit

CJyfVQxKne8

hey CJ and others, as for plusrep.... i don't mind constantly throwing shit up there to peep... we should all be doing that. just kind of got mixed up cause recently we posted some shit here instead.

anyway, i just put up shinichi's remix album for shagnscoob (saw you on erol forums), CHECK THAT... some good shit in there, esp alex gopher, van she, and popular computer's remixes

also threw up the new style of eye album, which is fucking awesome. popof-ish, sort of minimal and synthy.

weidna, no doubt

only reason i bought into the hype was cause i heard it live first. WMC had to have been the first time anyone played it, and erol dropped it so perfectly that everyone in the place looked at each other like "holy shit, what the fuck is this".

i can't get into it at home though

Does he do that beat repeat sounding stuff with the mixer? I've seen mixers with some crazy effects but the one I've been using doesn't have that shit so I'm always wondering how they do that. I basically can only use the CDJ's to manipulate the tracks.

thanks for those ups btw. ill give them a listen.

weidna, no doubt

only reason i bought into the hype was cause i heard it live first. WMC had to have been the first time anyone played it, and erol dropped it so perfectly that everyone in the place looked at each other like "holy shit, what the fuck is this".

i can't get into it at home though

Ya I definitely agree that this is a track that needs to be played on a huge system for it to be done any justice. Another one thats starting to seem overhyped like raven is mind dimension. I loved hearing 2many dj's drop it and on live recordings it sounds really epic but on my speakers here i just dont feel it as much.

Does he do that beat repeat sounding stuff with the mixer? I've seen mixers with some crazy effects but the one I've been using doesn't have that shit so I'm always wondering how they do that. I basically can only use the CDJ's to manipulate the tracks.

He's probably using a Pioneer DJM-800 or 1000 which means it has on board effects. I think what hes doing is looping on the cdj's then adding alot of echo or reverb and a filter on the mixer. Either that or he may be using beat repeat. I'm not really sure though, I use serato and Technics with a really basic mixer so I'm not too famiilar with that gear, anyone know?

he's rocking the djm 800

sounds like a lil bit of delay before he drops it

also beatrepeat and messing with the color knob for the filters

just browsing videos from HARD halloween and this one struck me as quite poetic:

pi0rRxBPfF8&feature

the song, making a mockery out of the modern indulgent lifestyle, being played to a bunch of rolling middle-upper class white kids in the midst of their 3 am zombie-like phase. i mean, up the quality on the footage and you have worthy candidate for an unofficial music video. im pretty happy i didnt stay around this long because the scene would have been more depressing than funny in person.

this post may never see the light of day. come back to me, sufu :-(

Saw destructo, ac slater and surkin last night. We got our fakes taken away by the bouncer which was wack but we still got in and paid him to get them back at the end of the night. AC slater was fucking awesome, surkin was tight but he went on pretty late and destructo blew absolute ass. He needs to stick to promoting. He was using ableton and making each mix using loops completely out of phrase. Overall pretty fun night but fuck bouncers