Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

justice at street scene in downtown san diego on friday...i'm sure the crowd leftover from a lot of the festival's previous acts is going to suck pretty bad. but i somehow still haven't seen them play and im glad my first time will be one of their large scale production shows, light up marshall amp stacks and all.

Shinichi Osawa has been my shit as of late, his kap10kurt remix makes me want to step into an animated world ala "take on me" video and defend the galaxy in my galactic starship:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5229964df10245/

diplo is okay live, it really does depend on the crowd...i dunno, the newest insurgence of electro fans for me anyways, don't party as hard or well as the ones from 2 years ago...maybe i'm just being crass

thanks for that fred falke link, everytime listen to a track of his, i like him ever more, makes me fuckin sad i missed lifelike w/ him

also, how is deadmau5 live, what kind of crowd should i expect?

^^^cosign the statement above on crowds not partying as hard... i mean thats a huge generalization but lets not be blind here.. there is a huge resurgence in people listening to electronic and to be honest atleast where i party a lot of people there arent there for themselves and the music there just there because they're there if that makes any fucking sense at alll.

fuck yeah spaceman. that remix is so amazing... that and his lykke li / roland clark and the montanas remix have been on repeat the past couple months. i swear anything falke or lifelike touches turns to fucking gold (besides falke rmx of pjanoo). i'd killlll to see em both live.

this gonna be beautiful

LhJQtv8rEqA

^nah that makes perfect sense chrisj... i see it so much. a lot of people are just going there for a "dance night" not even aware that someone good is DJing

I've only seen Diplo once but it was one of the worst dj sets I've ever seen. He played a bunch of reggae stuff and like 10 M.I.A. songs.

going to have to counter this statement.. i heard diplo a few months back... it's what he plays i dont know what you were expecting but... yeah he throws in indie electro/hiphop/reggae/electronic/rock

probably one of my best sets, mandy tried to follow up on it but.. the energy levels of the crowd just didnt compare.

if you were expecting otherwise, i'm sorry you had such a shitty night.

I've only seen Diplo once but it was one of the worst dj sets I've ever seen.

I've seen diplo a few times in LA, first time was before mia blew up and he was headlining, and he tore it up for at least 3.5 hours, just killed the fuck out of it, and everyone loved it. i saw him headline another time, but the energy wasn't the same, and most recently, opening for justice, he didn't play much, and people didn't even know what he was doing or who he was.

how's Danger live? i'd love to see that.

fake blood is Touché, aka theo keating, 1/2 of the black ghosts. 100% confirmed.

he is also fucking awesome. he posts on the erol board, and explained that in his remixes he creates the "fake blood" that is said in each of his remixes by rearranging and chopping up the vowels and consonants of the acapella. no one actually spoke "fake blood" for him in any remix he's made. fuckin mindblowing if you listen to his little boots remix.

yeah but i dunno if you can really take a board post with a name 'fake blood' as really him. even if erol posts.

if you were expecting otherwise, i'm sorry you had such a shitty night.

Surkin also played the same night, so it definitely wasn't shitty :)

yeah but i dunno if you can really take a board post with a name 'fake blood' as really him. even if erol posts.

he wrote about that on his myspace blog as well