Imperial Denim News

kiya

Now it just begs the question, illegal patch, or smaller pockets, which do I want more.

I hope you like em both because in about a month they pockets are going to be smaller AND the patch is going to be different..

:)

I'd get a pair of each if I could afford some Dukes (I think I'm going to get Dukes, idk) now and in 4 weeks time, but I'm not really able to shell out on two pairs of dry denim in a frame of time that is less than a month.

So I just need to weigh out what I'd rather have out of the new and old Dukes/Kings.

I just got word that it looks like the new production with the changes will ship out of Australia starting March 1...

I'd get a pair of each if I could afford some Dukes (I think I'm going to get Dukes, idk) now and in 4 weeks time, but I'm not really able to shell out on two pairs of dry denim in a frame of time that is less than a month.

So I just need to weigh out what I'd rather have out of the new and old Dukes/Kings.

i just picked up a pair of black dukes. they're fucking awesome in terms of quality and workmanship. i'd go for the illegal patch, simply because you won't be able to get this anymore.

the huge ass pockets give imperial its character. anyway mine are so tight i can't put anything in them, so it makes little difference to me.

the black fits slightly tighter than the indigo, the denim seems thicker. so keep that in mind when you get a pair.

I wonder if the farmer cut means trouser pockets, or a buckle back or better yet both.

Any word on what they'll look like?

No cinch-back, they're thinking a more full cut with a totally straight let through-out.

If my size 28 APC NS (one month) are currently huge, any chance size 30 dukes would fit me ?

:(

They're huge after stretching?

if so, a 30 in Dukes might work..

Considering you're in the Bay Area you should drop by to try some on...

• 3 weeks later...

-They are adding two new cuts. The first cut is their first truly unisex cut which is going to be a more traditional cut that is slim/straight (not as slim as the Duke). The second cut is going to be what they're describing as a pre-50's "farmer" cut. Look for the first unisex one to be released in a couple of months..

Any info when this new "farmer cut" is going to be available?

We're looking at about three or four months maximum.

• 6 months later...