Hair Products

Anton

Guest panicinapagoda
Dr brohnners is vegan all natural castille soap. Its basically a "wash anything and everything cleanser" alot of people use it to wash their jeans on this board, or used to for that matter. You can also use it to wash your entire body (its 100000% safe). The peppermint is very invigorating. You can buy it for very cheap at health food stores and comes in a few fragrances. I guess Im paranoid, but I dont trust styling products at all, so I go the all natural route. And I always get the impression that gels and pomades etc are just trying to emulate what a perfect balance of natural oils in your hair should look like to begin with. I mean, have you ever washed your hair and then took a nap or went to sleep? and when you wake up its just the perfect texture where u can style it? well those are your natural oils, why use styling products?> Some people eqaute natural oils with smelly grease and dead skin buildup on your scalp, thats where "cool" water washing comes in. Take a normal shower and when it comes time to wash your scalp turn the cold water up and push your body out of the way. then thoroughly scrub your scalp with nothing but your hands and the cooler water. This will stimulate the scalp, wash away any dead skin, and wash away any odors associated with oils etc. leaving you with clean, natural, hair. Then after a few days of this, you throw in the brohnners for a thorough cleansing. brohnners costs like 7 bucks at whole foods....try it out for 2 weeks...what do u have to lose?....after a few days you should be able to towel dry your hair into whatever style you want.

this sounds fun

might try it

Dr brohnners is vegan all natural castille soap. Its basically a "wash anything and everything cleanser" alot of people use it to wash their jeans on this board, or used to for that matter. You can also use it to wash your entire body (its 100000% safe). The peppermint is very invigorating. You can buy it for very cheap at health food stores and comes in a few fragrances. I guess Im paranoid, but I dont trust styling products at all, so I go the all natural route. And I always get the impression that gels and pomades etc are just trying to emulate what a perfect balance of natural oils in your hair should look like to begin with. I mean, have you ever washed your hair and then took a nap or went to sleep? and when you wake up its just the perfect texture where u can style it? well those are your natural oils, why use styling products?> Some people eqaute natural oils with smelly grease and dead skin buildup on your scalp, thats where "cool" water washing comes in. Take a normal shower and when it comes time to wash your scalp turn the cold water up and push your body out of the way. then thoroughly scrub your scalp with nothing but your hands and the cooler water. This will stimulate the scalp, wash away any dead skin, and wash away any odors associated with oils etc. leaving you with clean, natural, hair. Then after a few days of this, you throw in the brohnners for a thorough cleansing. brohnners costs like 7 bucks at whole foods....try it out for 2 weeks...what do u have to lose?....after a few days you should be able to towel dry your hair into whatever style you want.

Ok so... its my 3rd day using it. When I run my fingers through my hair now, it feels very "matte" and SLIGHTLY oily but it does not appear / smell / feel oily or dirty. Is this how it's suppose to be? I can see how after using this that you don't need hair products anymore. The "natural?" oil tames the hair and holds it into place. It just feels wierd?

edit: I just read your paragraph again. I've been using bronner's everyday.

Guest panicinapagoda
Ok so... its my 3rd day using it. When I run my fingers through my hair now, it feels very "matte" and SLIGHTLY oily but it does not appear / smell / feel oily or dirty. Is this how it's suppose to be? I can see how after using this that you don't need hair products anymore. The "natural?" oil tames the hair and holds it into place. It just feels wierd?

edit: I just read your paragraph again. I've been using bronner's everyday.

day 4 without shampoo.

my hair isnt oily, just softer and more clumpy :confused:

second the perm. my hair is not super straight,but its nice way to get a new look for straight hair.specially after the perm winds out after a while.you can get good volume.

never had a perm before, how does this work? do you get it done on certain part of the head or the whole thing?

Guest panicinapagoda
never had a perm before, how does this work? do you get it done on certain part of the head or the whole thing?

the whole thing, followed by a cut

for asians who like to put their hair up:

paul mitchell LAB ESP (elastic shaping paste) is the best product i have ever used. ive used it for the past three years and it does exactly what i want it to. it washes out easy, no shine, and incredible hold.

what kind of shampoos/conditioners do you guys use for asian hair? everything i've tried makes my hair dried out and poofy/frizzy after showering. i either have to use a bunch of product or wait a day for it to look good.

Hmm, right now I'm using Gatsby styling wax. I've had it for like a year now haha. Umm, what kind of haircuts can you get for a nice style w/ the wax. Just currently I had my hair cut w/ a razorblade. But I don't really like the way it looks when I use wax w/ it. I'll post a pic later of what I do w/ my hair. Btw, what kind of cuts (way to cut it?) are best to get a fauxhawk and what should I use to achieve a fauxhawk.

^

just wanted to say, the cut is way more important that the product. if cut right, yoiu don't even need to use much if any.

This is true. Get your hair thinned out and you'll see how much better the wax works with your hair.

^

This is true. Get your hair thinned out and you'll see how much better the wax works with your hair.

What do you use to get your hair thinned out? Do they use the razor blade thing? Or should I just ask the hair cutter to thin out my hair.

This is my hair right now

Left view (from my left)

dfe4e974d4725a05a330ba0bef6bd6a2.th.jpg

Right view (from my right)

7e62b516b56eca37c79f8364a1bb3559.th.jpg

Keep your hair thick if you want to manage medium length half way down your neck.

I use any generic/salon shampoo and conditioner but it really depends on your hair type. Even Asians can have dry/oily hair.

Oh and don't worry about having to use product every day, most people have to, even models.

And don't forget to get a treatment at least once a week.

Ohhh, sounds cool Pogi. But my hair is mostly always around that length. I've never left my back long. Maybe I'll try it later. Yeah, sometimes I just want long hair (around your length?) But then again, I'm going to ask my stylist next haircut what would fit my facial structure. I'm kinda chubby, circular face? Well, thanks Pogi :]

If you have a round face, the style I always see that seems to fit those people would be the one where its longer at the top and back while the sides are shaved shorter w/ boxy sideburns. This only applies to us asians, so you other roundyes don't judge.

I would personally listen to Pogi. Love his hair length/style. So carefree looking.

Haha. You give me too much credit for my hair! :o

Ohhh, sounds cool Pogi. But my hair is mostly always around that length. I've never left my back long. Maybe I'll try it later. Yeah, sometimes I just want long hair (around your length?) But then again, I'm going to ask my stylist next haircut what would fit my facial structure. I'm kinda chubby, circular face? Well, thanks Pogi :]

No probbers. Sometimes it is good and not good to ask your stylist, because they may envision that a hair style suits you, but then you find out later that it doesn't. Just becareful when you experiment because its hard to live with a shoddy haircut for a short while.

Check here for some Asian style hair: http://www.beauty-box.jp/style/mens/

i use to have real dry hair.

Now my hair is nice and soft, and not dry.

I Personally don't use generic stuff you buy from supermarkets etc. It's best to go with a salon-grade shampoo, esp with the conditioners.

I personally don't use conditioners. Instead, i wash my hair with shampoo, then dry my hair till its damp then put in some hair treatment instead.

Hahaha...I got round eyes @_@ But yeah, I'm asian too. Go asians w/ big eyes. Yeah, that's what I tend to do. Except I leave my back short..almost as short as my sides, i leave sideburns boxy,but they grow out nicely. If i leave my back long I have a mullet. But yeah, I'll ask the stylist anyways. I'll check out that site sometime.