YEN jeans

billy

Good choice. They do tend to run large, and there is some variation between lots, so by all means try them on beforehand, and buy them a bit snug (unless you like the hip-hop look): allow just an inch or two extra in the waist for shrinkage, no more. Since the Michiko Koshino shop is actually owned by the Yen distributor, they should be able to order a size for you if it's not in stock. Once you get them, my recommendation is just to wear them, and don't try the bathtub treatment. The joy of these jeans is the fabulous indigo, which, in addition to being dipped, seems to be surface-loaded and rubs away quite readily (you will have blue hands for awhile...)

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Well, I got a pair from Ebay a while back from a seller from the UK. A one- rinse Yen 105. It's got a really good shape- it's perfectly straight with a relatively low rise (i think like 9.5-10 inches rise). Orange Selvaged. Look for them on Ebay, but beware of ultra cheap fakes from China or Hong Kong.

• 1 year later...

can someone please tell me what this says, http://www.yenjeans.net/index.html . i emailed the yen people and they never responded, im just hoping that it doesnt say that they are done cause i just found this picture and its too good to pass imgp9446it6.jpgimgp9450uq9.jpg

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.yenjeans.net%2fblog%2fdiary%2farchives%2f2006%2f11%2flot11015.html

• 4 months later...

Nice jacket! Please wear it a lot, and don't wash it. Seems you haven't worn the 110's much. They are a slightly baggy compared to the 105s. Anyway Yen is defunct now, so they are something of a collector's item.. The interesting thing about Yen is they had their own denim made specially for them. The left-over stock is apparently being used in a new start-up label called 'Engine' (I think there's a thread about it over on the Nudies forum).

I ran into someone recently who told me Michiko Koshino has started a new denim line. I've not checked it out yet, but I'll report back if I find out something about it..

• 2 months later...

a log so you can keep exact records of your laundering? a bit much. no hate, but it seems to me the people who have these glorious collections never wear one pair long enough. i can honestly say that being dead broke for the past 1.5 years is the best thing that ever happened to my jeans. i actually gave away all of my "expensive" jeans so i would force myself to wear these. i can say with earnesty that i really do own one pair of jeans(not that thats a point of pride). hey, some people are collectors.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

4099208343_f35dd21e39.jpg

4099209215_ed96e1e0de.jpg

yen denim 105ni one wash with three days of wear

natural indigo orange selvedge in a '47 cut

great thin hem and super rope from the one wash

exposed crotch rivet and paper patch

can't wait to see how the lighter color breaks in. haven't seen many examples yet

• 1 year later...

I got these yen(i think 1890 repro or cut or whatever you would call it) jeans off of the bay for cheapppp! They are faded some(very undefined as you can see). Does anyone know anything about these? I haven't seen these anywhere here or anywhere else and don't know much about Yen.

B1GDQCWkKGrHqZiIEqy5mQ-NBMctPRiPKg0_3-1.jpg0117011632.jpg0117011632a.jpgB1YgqQEGkKGrHqNiUErIz9nTdBMctS1tQ0_3-1.jpg0117011633.jpg