australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Coming to Sydney leaving tonight and staying for the weekend. Anyone recommend a good club or bar on sat night? Is tank or Chinese Laundry any good?

Moving to Syd in less than a month, can't wait!!

Starfuckers at club 77 is the best sat night there is..

been meaning to get to a lost baggage for ages. good crowd? mostly tech?

yeh, probably because its always chockers as well. its not like other clubs that peak around 11-2am and then promptly die out (cough oxford st) its a day club as well, so trippy leaving at 5am and seeing a huge line

Starfuckers at club 77 is the best sat night there is..

I hear that. And thank god Bandits moved back to Pheonix. Bandits at 77 was balls. Everyone just standing around trying to out-do one another on who can stand still and look cool for the longest. That and beligerant drunk women. I like drunk women, just not beligerent ones.

I hear that. And thank god Bandits moved back to Pheonix. Bandits at 77 was balls. Everyone just standing around trying to out-do one another on who can stand still and look cool for the longest. That and beligerant drunk women. I like drunk women, just not beligerent ones.

i hear that.

you going to bandits this fri?

ps: have i met you before?

I've never been to the Ivy before, looks like my first time will be 2 weekends from now. A friend booked out the venue for her birthday. Or that's what everyone's saying anyway... Will let you guys know how it is!

On the fashion side of things, I've never bought anything from a department store before [save Barney's when I was in NYC] but the other day I took the time to walk through David Jones. I'm not sure how to react.

Anyone have any thoughts on it? I'm just curious as to what SuFu thinks of it.

I'm taking it as he didn't like or may have liked some of the things he saw.. some department stores sell quite reputable brands (for some) like paul smith etc.. Normally they sell what ever will appeal? what was it that bothered you?

or do you want to know if anyone shops in them? well i don"t

seriously what is there to think about?

Just wondering if you guys had any thoughts on it. Your perception of David Jones, and of shopping at department stores on the whole. Considering that boutiques are almost exclusively listed when people ask where to buy things.

So your mum been buying you clothes all this time?

Wow. Talk about snappy.

And no. I've bought my own clothes since I was 12.

I'm taking it as he didn't like or may have liked some of the things he saw.. some department stores sell quite reputable brands (for some) like paul smith etc.. Normally they sell what ever will appeal? what was it that bothered you?

or do you want to know if anyone shops in them? well i don"t

Yes. That's exactly what I wanted to know. If anyone shopped in them, if so what for, if not, why not? Etc. Just the first thing that pops into your mind really.

There is a lot to be said for David Jones Market street. They have sales on stuff that boutiques don't, like Dr. Denim. I also picked up half price Stranglers recently.

Not to mention there is a LOT of stuff there to sift through. On the flip side, how many times can you go to Our Spot before you have seen everything?

Alvin from St. Augustine Academy also works there, so it can't be all bad.

I don't know why David Jones crams all their Jill Sander and Costume National onto one rack.

Three bill shirts crushed.

Yet Morresy has twenty square meters and A|X twenty five.

Their buyers and merchandisers are whack.

A sole Dior Homme belt and wallet for sale...