australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

probably worth doing a bulk buy order for sydney-siders if there is enough demand to eliminate shipping costs as orders over 800 euro ship for free.

Haha, you wouldn't want to get done on import duty though ;)

EDIT: I'm actually just thinking about it now... In the past I've been stung on $500 and $1200 imports. But recently I've imported parcels marked $500-$1500, and copped no charge... Maybe with our strong dollar, there is so many imports that they're not looking too closely?

It's definitely not fun getting pulled up though. You pay 17.5% on the clothing, 10% on footwear, then add together the cost + the tariff + shipping then pay 10% on top of all that for GST! Turns a good buy sour pretty quick.

In my experience, imports marked under $200 won't get a second look.

shipping is 35 but it shows the price of the jeans lowered to 104.xx instead on my browser. i didn't checkout but that's what it showed. which makes it uh... cheaper than incu? hahaha. if i'm not wrong US folks can buy apc jawns way cheaper. so proxying a pair from eu/us maybe?

They look pretty anime but I guess someone could pull it off.

I'm having a hard time enjoying shopping in Sydney lately, or even online for that matter. There's so many sales and things on but nothings grabbing my eye.

I was thinking of heading down Oxford street on friday but I'm not sure I can be bothered, any sales still going and anything worth checking out?

yeah I'd also like to know how packed it is.. I'm planning on heading up to the city from the gong on friday but wondering if the amount of people will be overwhelming or worth it.

any new exciting stores around? really bored with the usual suspects. Checked incu, alphaville, n assin today, nothing special. well assin does have some good stuff, but I dont have much in my account this month.

avoid cbd and hyde park tomorrow guys ... there will be parade from 4-5, definetly will be supper crowded ...

Yea I thought it was $1000 as well?

Just checked context and they did get new APC stock but no PS. It's weird there's not a single place online that stock PS except the APC site. I'm just hoping incu get more stock cause I needa try em on first.

did some looking for those who can't be bothered:

Generally, all goods imported into Australia are subject to Customs duty and GST and are assessed for community protection risks. However, all goods (except for tobacco and alcoholic beverages) may be imported duty and tax free if the value of the goods is A$1000 or less.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=5653#e1762

hey guys just wanted to explain the import duty deal for AUS..

anything under $1000 AUD "SHOULD" not recieve import duties. Anything over and you pay 10% GST and somthing like 17.5% Duties.

i have been importing bulk in the past year and this is how it has been everytime ( And exactly how customs explained it to me a while ago)