Nom de Guerre SS 07

madefix

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one needs to make this cardigan again:

2.jpg

I swear to god everyone, from the highest fashion to the lowest, has made a black and white striped cardigan that looks just like this.

Other than that, I love some of the jackets and basic pieces. Just very well executed overall, although once I see the prices I'll probably forget all about thinking I should really just buy the whole collection for an easy spring look.

Other than that, I love some of the jackets and basic pieces. Just very well executed overall, although once I see the prices I'll probably forget all about thinking I should really just buy the whole collection for an easy spring look.

I feel your sentiments Servo, I go there and I like almost everything but whenever I look at the tag I just walk away. I heard a rumor that the store won't be retailing anymore except their line. I wonder if its true. I'm waiting for them to get their new shoes for spring from Common Projects.

That dude's neck is epic.

I'm packin one of those bad boys.

I like the jackets, and that blue button down shirt. I don't need any more lighter jackets, but I might pick up a button down and a tee. If someone could keep us up to date when this line drops at the store, I'd appreciate it.

It will be interesting to see the pieces up close, this is where I am always impressed with NDG. They do have a good way of making thier clothes look good in pictures but they are usually so simplistic that is hard to tell those little details that make thier products worth the price. I'm just afraid some of those jackets are going to be big bucks.

I share the same sentiments as a lot of you. I feel there are great, easy pieces for spring/summer, but the prices will drive me away. You can bet almost everything will be 200+. I was at NDG this past Saturday, and they had closed down the basement where they display other labels. The SA did not give me a straight answer when I asked why it was closed, but when I inquired about a certain Noah piece, he didn't hesitate to go look for it. It was kinda annoying. Maybe they're already getting rid of everything but their house line?

I know I'd really like this if it came in Navy:

12.jpg

I'm also liking this button-up:

15.jpg

And the white coat... I really like this line (3 pieces in one line is "really like" for me, I generally don't like more than one).

Honestly, a lot of that collection looks like something H&M or Zara would do.

I was in Nom on Friday and the basement was open. Noah peacoat, moleskin jacket, (I think in the $600-800 range), a few APC thing,s and the shoes, and I think that was it?

Nothing in the store seemed to be on sale, or at least they weren't giving me any deals. Seemed to have pretty much everything left, probably because the prices are pretty absurd, especially for late January. Winter coats still at $600 - $1100 etc.

They quoted me $550 for the Trickers boots. You can buy them directly from England for 220 gbp.

wtf is he doing I don't get it

like the prices he charges for this stuff but the cut and the materials are never great why would i buy his stuff

I think its a cool store i like the other brands they stock i just don't get why i should spend time upstairs looking at his stuff its doesn't stand out next to H&M Or Club monaco Much less APC orany of teh other high end stuff they have down stairs

am i just too lame to get it

wtf is he doing I don't get it

like the prices he charges for this stuff but the cut and the materials are never great why would i buy his stuff

I think its a cool store i like the other brands they stock i just don't get why i should spend time upstairs looking at his stuff its doesn't stand out next to H&M Or Club monaco Much less APC orany of teh other high end stuff they have down stairs

am i just too lame to get it

Who exactly is "him?"

"Nom de Guerre is a creative collective founded by Holly Harnsongkram, Wil Whitney, Devon Turnbull, and Isa Saalabi."

I thought I'd mention that we're going to be doing some pre-order stuff for SS2007 at Blackbird. Probably tomorrow I'm going to be scanning pages from the look book to show pictures of the specific items, but here is a rough text version of our order:

Deconstructed short sleeve, Guayabera shirt, tree logo henley, argle cardigan, hooded cardigan, deconstructed flight jacket, walking jacket, standard blazers, board shorts, suiting shorts, slim pants, and narrow jeans.

I know in a lot of cases it is hard to tell what is what, but let me know if you have any questions about specific items or if we're getting something from the online lookbook. Also feel free to PM me about wanting to order something.

In addition to this stuff, they also did tons of cool literary-related T-shirts this season; including Rimbaud, Mishima, Ginsberg, and a bunch of others.