Leggings - the new frontier.

bangbangbang

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

there's a thread about leggings with shorts on The Fashion Spot now...

kind of relevant.

here's some pics...

white.jpg

whiteshirt.jpg

6278leggingstl2.jpg

black.jpg

fade.jpg

dicuss!

i don't mind some of them...but i sitll don't know if i'd do it.

I was definitely not a fan at first, but I have to admit to coming around to the legging phenomenon. I think that they either have to be under shorts, or have a drop crotch though, or worn with a very long top. Otherwise will scare little children! I was scared by those shiny blue ones in an earlier post!!! :confused:

I like these looks.... first pic Chronicles of Never, others are Claude Maus

taken from Pitbull Mansion Blog

con1.jpg

n693211175_926109_8483.jpg

n7243133260_577061_8109.jpg

n7243133260_577084_1289.jpg

okay kilts/skirts - the nu old frontier

i was inspired by the homme+ shoot and now will cop mad kilts and pvc trousers/leggings. thnx.

was wearing leggings+docs last winter anywayzzzzz.

DOCS! <3 <3 <3

edit: while it may seem like my comment is inconclusive,

be aware that now more than ever are adolescents becoming more aware of a personal aesthetic (i.e. fashion) than ever, and it woudl be best to usher it along a... more classier road?

if anything i think leggings would be a step backwards in fashion

i for one am just now seeing the recession of the whole scene look prominent in highschools during 2000-2006

and yeah, it may be highschool

but id rather see the future of tomorrow trying to emulate haptronic and timber,

NOT the aesthetic of a consuming willfully ignorant hot topic supporting twelve year old girl...

leggings doesn't equal scene.. most of the discussion here is about leggings paired with shorts, wool leggings, etc.. not aa tights... maybe the one pic that zeke01 asshole posted gave you that impression, but naw

also u suck...

wtf the same is true for every clothing article.. for every person that wears a nicely fitted, good-looking hoodie, there will be 2 or 3 wearing a crusty Slipknot hoodie. same shit for everything. your argument of 'most can't pull it off' is bad bad... also the fact that leggings aren't classy is shit argument... if your idea of 'moving forward' in fashion is getting 'classier', why not wear suits all the time?

btw i love how you tried to use big words to look 'classy' to match your point of 'classy' clothes. nice touch you suck

but it is a shit argument cuz you're saying that more people are becoming aware of personal style sensibilities but you're saying people should be "classier". If you're gonna argue that a growing number of people are "Developing" personal style, you can't impose a personal aesthetic choice on them, cuz then you're taking away from their own style.

Let people dress how they want, and if they work it, better for them.

I think those skinny leggings in those lookbook pics look icky, but a thicker knit one sounds pretty awesome. *shrug*

naw mang, it'z cuz u tryna sound smart... but ur first sentence beginning with "be aware.." makes no sense grammatically evne tho u using big words.. tryna sound smart but u still got dat junior high grammar... u MAD DUMB but tryna cover it up.. poor kid from poor family with poor english who saved up 4 weeks allowance to buy oxford engrish dictionary aha u suck

but it is a shit argument cuz you're saying that more people are becoming aware of personal style sensibilities but you're saying people should be "classier". If you're gonna argue that a growing number of people are "Developing" personal style, you can't impose a personal aesthetic choice on them, cuz then you're taking away from their own style.

Let people dress how they want, and if they work it, better for them.

I think those skinny leggings in those lookbook pics look icky, but a thicker knit one sounds pretty awesome. *shrug*

well i didnt mean to shove my opinions down anyones throats.

so let me rephrase:

i personally would be happier to see this tights thing fade away.

but i dont really like tights on girls either,

so...

and conan:

i dont know.