Chateau Roux

reading12

Hey everyone, its been a little while you know how it is, hope all is well out here.

The last time we came to you Chateau Roux was just a glint in someones eye, a year on we'd love to know what you guys think of the site? It would be great if you could spare two minutes for a little feedback? what you like, what you dont, easy to navigate, like the clothes, dont like the clothes etc... you know the drill! Seriously though, any comments we'd love to hear them, even if you just want to get some stuff off your chest and unload on someone! You know who you are!

Thanks again everyone and cheers for all those who contributed last time, you guys helped massively! the website is as follows:

http://www.chateauroux.co.uk

I like the pier and sunnys tshirts, but i can't say i'd wear the other ones. I'm not a big fan of giant faces on my shirts, just too flashy for me. I was thinking of getting one in the future (especially if you guys ever had a sale or discount of some sort. I can't justify spending over $50 on a tshirt). I like they way they all fit, at least on the models. The site design is pretty cool. It forces you to at least glance at everything a bit more, which I'm sure is what you're going for.

I like the pier and sunnys tshirts, but i can't say i'd wear the other ones. I'm not a big fan of giant faces on my shirts, just too flashy for me. I was thinking of getting one in the future (especially if you guys ever had a sale or discount of some sort. I can't justify spending over $50 on a tshirt). I like they way they all fit, at least on the models. The site design is pretty cool. It forces you to at least glance at everything a bit more, which I'm sure is what you're going for.

thanks for the feedback thats great! we appreciate it. Our summer designs are a little less large on the Tee as it happens and a bit more wearable day to day. I know what you're saying. Actually our sale starts on Monday weirdly enough so be sure to let us know if the ordering process is up to scratch too! Thanks again.

i really like your swallows in white shirt. great design. but 40 pounds is steep. with US conversion, that's more than 80$ for your shirt. i'm not a huge fashion tshirt guy, but if that shirt were like $30 i'd bite, but 80, no way. looks good though

Thanks, I love that design too (I didnt design it by the way!) We find this a lot with the American audience. I know things stateside are cheaper anyway but I defintely think our average Joe doesnt mind spending more on fashion than the american average joe, only in my experience so far.

I definitely believe that should we open a U.S boutique then we'd need cheaper raw materials to print onto. Our tees are totally bespoke, fitted and handprinted onto 50% modal and 50% cotton and they took us 6 months to source. Basically they cost $30 do bring to market, hence the cost!

Strangely though we are massively popular in New York and we've got absolutley no idea why!? Thanks again, hugely appreciate the feedback dude.

what is modal? sorry for sounding so stupid.

na, no probs dude. Modal is a fibre that helps the T become fitted and hang just right and mould to each persons body while retaining the T shape and not showing off every bump and bone on your torso. It gives it a little give and stretchiness. Its an amazing little ingrediant with one problem, its expensive as hell!!

Glad to hear from you again, ive been checking the site, your sweats look kinda normal but its good to do something other than tees, the gold prints look really good.

I know its modal ( and im real tempted to get a tee shirt for this fact alone ) but I think 35 or 40 quid is steep for a tee.

My sister is a dancer and has a modal tee and its beautiful, its not just any cotton tee modal really is nice.

Guest Airjamie

I understand the cost inherent in producing the shirts, and believe me i appreciate it. I also love the trashy-esque 80's influenced prints, however, at the end of the day, they are still just really expensive tshirts and hoodies. What I think would really get alot more people interested is if you put a little more effort into making the base garments you have look a little more unique. The problem with them is that, even though (i assume) they are quality made garments, they are still just printed tshirts, and the average customer looking for cool printed tshirts i definately not looking to spend $80 on them, and even though your prints are exactly what some are looking for, youre going to lose your business to companies like this http://crystalcityclothing.com/ . What i think would really help you increase sales would be to rethink the bodies of your garments, maybe scoopneck tshirts? Assymetrical zippers on the hoodies? Sleeveless hoodies? Since you already have them custom made it would be an easy convert and I am certain would increase sales as people would be buying them more as an actual fashion garment as opposed to just the print that they want.

Glad to hear from you again, ive been checking the site, your sweats look kinda normal but its good to do something other than tees, the gold prints look really good.

I know its modal ( and im real tempted to get a tee shirt for this fact alone ) but I think 35 or 40 quid is steep for a tee.

My sister is a dancer and has a modal tee and its beautiful, its not just any cotton tee modal really is nice.

Modal maketh the man! It is a beautiful material, so glad we managed to hunt it down and use it for our tees. Thanks for the comments.

I understand the cost inherent in producing the shirts, and believe me i appreciate it. I also love the trashy-esque 80's influenced prints, however, at the end of the day, they are still just really expensive tshirts and hoodies. What I think would really get alot more people interested is if you put a little more effort into making the base garments you have look a little more unique. The problem with them is that, even though (i assume) they are quality made garments, they are still just printed tshirts, and the average customer looking for cool printed tshirts i definately not looking to spend $80 on them, and even though your prints are exactly what some are looking for, youre going to lose your business to companies like this http://crystalcityclothing.com/ . What i think would really help you increase sales would be to rethink the bodies of your garments, maybe scoopneck tshirts?? Sleeveless hoodies? Since you already have them custom made it would be an easy convert and I am certain would increase sales as people would be buying them more as an actual fashion garment as opposed to just the print that they want.

I guess it depends on your taste, the first T I saw on the link you provided was fairly horrific IMHO. We dont want to be 'to' far out there, somewhere on the edge of normality as far as designs and our actual style of clothing is concerned, but we do want to provide the best quality materials that we can possibly get hold of.

Im sure that the true benefit of our approach will be felt when we open a shop as there is definitely no subtitute for the touchy/feel aspect of buying clothes. We'll definitely branch out and include things such as the 'Assymetrical zippers on the hoodies' as you say as thats a very popular garment in pretty much any city. I like the idea about different cuts on the necks of the tee's though, that was a fantastic idea that I stupidly didnt think of! I guess you always want to be safe when you first start just to see the initial reaction, so thanks man, that was a great post.

If you had a sale I'd def. pick some stuff up, but they're only tees, so I can't really see why I'd spend that much on one. Most of the prints are nice, and I like the gold on white/organic as opposed to black, its not really done as often, and it's more unique. Let us know if you have a sale ;)

If you had a sale I'd def. pick some stuff up, but they're only tees, so I can't really see why I'd spend that much on one. Most of the prints are nice, and I like the gold on white/organic as opposed to black, its not really done as often, and it's more unique. Let us know if you have a sale ;)

funny you should mention 'sale'! Starts next week my friend, ill man the order book! ;)

yeah... some different necklines and... NO DISTRESSING...

we're actually releasing some swallow designs into our jewellery range, partly on request and partly..........because we like swallows!! We were actually very lucky to be asked by a magazine in the UK to provide whoever is on their front cover with their name written in the same style as the 'Chateau Roux font jewellery' for the photo shoot. Last month was 'Beck' and next month is lily allen I believe? This was because someone who worked at the magazine ordered a peice of customized jewellery in their name and loved it....which is always a good sign!

Out of interest.....WHY NO DISTRESSING!? ;)