asians...

dumadiscount

stereotypes are just ignorant generalizations. it could be true for some, but to think that the millions (or perhaps billions) of people that belong to a certain race or nationality is all alike under a single set of characteristics is just naive..

I know I'm saying some cliched stuff, but theres just no choice when I'm trying to refute cliched "observations"..

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im white and i in no way think carrot top is the least bit funny.

but i agree with sidney on the notion of the asian fascination with pure americana. anyone on here know anything about motorcycles? harleys and choppers are HUGE in japan etc, sort of ties in with levis repros and all that, anything that screams US

Weird that they're enamored with america, particularily things that were popular when the US dropped the bombs on them.

Maybe they're afraid we'll do it again. Maybe we should if they don't stop with this anime and bape nonsense.

Ironic signature ^^

it's not meant to be the ww2 one.

and even if it were, i would see no irony. obviously/naturally the japanese ww2 axis powers party and civilians were pissed (or would be for this conversation's context).

i think the new trends for mature or socialy concious asian people is try to act as white as possible.

for example and see this all the time, when 2 chinese guy sitting together a a table they only pseak englisha and ask each other hows the cowboy or hows the laker and arugue who is the best running back in the game. and all put on USC jersey even they only attend Cal state LA or PCC

i think the new trends for mature or socialy concious asian people is try to act as white as possible.

for example and see this all the time, when 2 chinese guy sitting together a a table they only pseak englisha and ask each other hows the cowboy or hows the laker and arugue who is the best running back in the game. and all put on USC jersey even they only attend Cal state LA or PCC

WTF!? Since when does having an interest in/conversating about American/college football constitute being white?! Jesus.

This isn't a trend. This is the process of naturalization in America.

Go back a few pages, Canice got it right the first time around.

it's not meant to be the ww2 one.

and even if it were, i would see no irony. obviously/naturally the japanese ww2 axis powers party and civilians were pissed (or would be for this conversation's context).

wut

i can't stand asian gold digging bitches... especially those ones just came straight from the far east, worshipping name brand, comparing the wealth of their boy friend, when they dont got the latest LV they think they got it bad......for fuck sake.....can't stand them
i can't stand it when young asian people go out as a gorup, every gilr is glame out, LV sporting gucci wearing.....and when it comes time to pay for the bill, they start busting out calculator on their cell phone to check the tip amount and see if they been over charge.....and talking serious shit after words...
actually, taiwanes people are real submissive to foreigners

I guess its one thing to be racist, and another to be ignorant...

better than a bunch of chinese guys squatting in the middle of a street spitting and holding watermelon knives

• 2 weeks later...
better than a bunch of chinese guys squatting in the middle of a street spitting and holding watermelon knives

I've always been curious, why do chinese people (and maybe other asians?) squat all the time? I grew up in an area that had a large asian population and I swear they could sit in the squatting position for hours, I try to sit like that and it gets uncomfortable after like 30 seconds.

WTF!? Since when does having an interest in/conversating about American/college football constitute being white?! Jesus.

there is nothing wrong about having an interest about american culture, but it's the fact that some times they go out of their way to be american, i'm intent to point it out that some asian isn't comfortable in their own skin, as they tried way too hard to fit in.

there is nothing wrong about having an interest about american culture, but it's the fact that some times they go out of their way to be american, i'm intent to point it out that some asian isn't comfortable in their own skin, as they tried way too hard to fit in.

Puhleeease. Having an interest in a certain thing has nothing to do with emulating the culture which it belongs to. If so, this entire board, considering how much it likes japanese denim and clothing labels, should be considered 'asianophiles,' and englandmj, with his extensive anime collection, should be considered an otaku.

Too many people have been posting without thinking recently... consider taking a break :D