Finally Washing Raw Denim...?

JohnnyWas

Just soaked / rinsed / rung out my APC New Cure's after wearing them for 6 months without washing them ever. I'm wondering if they'll come out with a nice whisker or not. Right now they look rich blue because they're still pretty wet hanging on the line, but I always wore a wallet and cell phone in the back pockets, and prior to washing them, they had some good signs of wear to them.

What am I to expect? Did I just wash away my own signature in these jeans? If I did, I'm going to be tight!

Share your pics of washed / treated raw denim -- give me a feel of what comes after...

Thanks.

he was being facetious. Really all you can do is wash and wear man, and you did both so the rest is not in your control. If you really want to learn more about washing, use the denim encyclopedia sticky, it has lots of info.

Just soaked / rinsed / rung out my APC New Cure's after wearing them for 6 months without washing them ever. I'm wondering if they'll come out with a nice whisker or not. Right now they look rich blue because they're still pretty wet hanging on the line, but I always wore a wallet and cell phone in the back pockets, and prior to washing them, they had some good signs of wear to them.

What am I to expect? Did I just wash away my own signature in these jeans? If I did, I'm going to be tight!

Share your pics of washed / treated raw denim -- give me a feel of what comes after...

Thanks.

...i think you washed them too soon lol

Well let me tell you - you fucked up ringing them out and I don't think 6 months was nearly enough if youre mentioning the rear pocket fade like it stands out above all else .

I already said why I BELIEVE his 6 months is not 6 months of any REAL wear ..

and ringing them out is wearing them in ways we do not like and are not natural . I would never ring my jeans out during their 1st wash / 2nd wash or put them into a machine unless they were my work jeans and REALLY dirty .. then inside out only of course

still no ringing though ;-)

+a billion

for some people, 6 months is a lifetime, and for orhers, it's a stack of paychecks and 2000 hours on the couch. Wash your jeans, people.

Still, the OP asked "do you think this will make good whiskers", implying he doesnt have good whiskers now and is hoping washing them early will make some. That's not likely.

So to answer the OP, no I think you washed them too early for what you were looking for.

i guess if u have doubts about the wear, then u probably havent worn them in long enough??

it woulda been great if u posted pics before washing and let other guys take a look at them

Wow you all took it easy on this guy.

Fact of the matter is no body can say without pics (as mentioned), and if you look through the encyc. you will see a bunch of info and pics that will let you understand the art of denim. I say this as if you read a bunch, you will realize that it is this as opposed to a science with hard and fast rules.