Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

i really liked the comic. i feel like reading more of it.

anyways, i wasn't saying that the article is a good critique of hipster culture. i didn't even say anything about the article. i just said sufu reminded me of it.

all i wanted to say is that i feel like you should buy good products regardless of where you're buying it from. if urban outfitters started selling raf eastpaks what difference does it make. if you refuse to buy it just because urban outfitters is selling it then it only means you're saying you're buying the product because it's cool and in style, not because the product itself is good, and buying it at urban outfitters makes it uncool and thus unbuyable. i can see your point about so what if they pursue exclusiveness, but to me it just seems fake and hypocritical. but i feel bad because i set up the obvious reaction by posting the link.

but to be honest, and to completely negate my argument, i wouldn't buy it either if i had originally planned to. i just don't understand why i wouldn't when it doesn't make sense to.

if a noob found out about samurai, supreme, and red moon at sufu and started wearing it, he's a hypebeast. if an og pre-'05 sufurian wears samurai and red moon, it's completely different. what's the difference. they're the same products. why can't a noob also buy samurai and redmoon (and supreme?) because he appreciates the history and craftmanship behind it.

and thanks ddml. you're the best. you're posts are partly the reason why i keep digging through supertrash.

i really liked the comic. i feel like reading more of it.

anyways, i wasn't saying that the article is a good critique of hipster culture. i didn't even say anything about the article. i just said sufu reminded me of it.

all i wanted to say is that i feel like you should buy good products regardless of where you're buying it from. if urban outfitters started selling raf eastpaks what difference does it make. if you refuse to buy it just because urban outfitters is selling it then it only means you're saying you're buying the product because it's cool and in style, not because the product itself is good, and buying it at urban outfitters makes it uncool and thus unbuyable. i can see your point about so what if they pursue exclusiveness, but to me it just seems fake and hypocritical. but i feel bad because i set up the obvious reaction by posting the link.

but to be honest, and to completely negate my argument, i wouldn't buy it either if i had originally planned to. i just don't understand why i wouldn't when it doesn't make sense to.

if a noob found out about samurai, supreme, and red moon at sufu and started wearing it, he's a hypebeast. if an og pre-'05 sufurian wears samurai and red moon, it's completely different. what's the difference. they're the same products. why can't a noob also buy samurai and redmoon (and supreme?) because he appreciates the history and craftmanship behind it.

and thanks ddml. you're the best. you're posts are partly the reason why i keep digging through supertrash.

I need to make a line graph showing the dramatic increase in money I've spent on clothes in relation to the amount of time I've spent on here. Getting a job is also a factor, but if I never joined this site and got a job, I would've just saved up a ton of cash and felt really financially secure in the future. EVERYTHING is going towards clothes, I don't have any inhibition anymore, I see something I like, I buy it. My whole mindset has changed on the value of certain items. A year ago I thought spending $90 on a hoodie was ridiculous. I keep justifying spending a lot of cash on one piece of clothing by telling myself "well this guy spent THIS much on THAT...THAT!!!" and then I click "submit payment" or "confirm order."

Despite all of this, this downward spiral into materialism and superficiality, it feels good to step my game up.

I need to make a line graph showing the dramatic increase in money I've spent on clothes in relation to the amount of time I've spent on here. Getting a job is also a factor, but if I never joined this site and got a job, I would've just saved up a ton of cash and felt really financially secure in the future. EVERYTHING is going towards clothes, I don't have any inhibition anymore, I see something I like, I buy it. My whole mindset has changed on the value of certain items. A year ago I thought spending $90 on a hoodie was ridiculous. I keep justifying spending a lot of cash on one piece of clothing by telling myself "well this guy spent THIS much on THAT...THAT!!!" and then I click "submit payment" or "confirm order."

Despite all of this, this downward spiral into materialism and superficiality, it feels good to step my game up.

white people are ridiculous. trader joes opened a shop in brooklyn today. i drove by at 9am in the pouring rain and saw a line of people waiting down the block, like it was fucking kermit day at supreme. in the rain!!!! i'm ashamed sometimes.
I heard they have bomb-ass ginger snaps, gonna check it out.

white people are ridiculous. trader joes opened a shop in brooklyn today. i drove by at 9am in the pouring rain and saw a line of people waiting down the block, like it was fucking kermit day at supreme. in the rain!!!! i'm ashamed sometimes.
I heard they have bomb-ass ginger snaps, gonna check it out.