omoi----japanese streetwear in philly

link doesn't seem to work.

off subject, but why are there shops in america that use japanese words for there shop names?

heavy? it reminds me the the stupid english names that japanese use for theirs.

fixed the link

i won't get around to cc until maybe the weekend; too hectic!

i thought omoi meant "thought" or "feelling"-----according to the weekly, anyway.

philly boutiques are popping up like crazy lately. never thought i'd see the likes of sugar cane and hysteric glamour in this city

i don't know how (or if) they write the chinese character for "omoi," but from just reading and listening to it spelled o-m-o-i, i figured they mean heavy. or they could be trying to be oldschool and mean heavy horse?

i don't know why the newspaper said "thought." if it was omou (to think), maybe they could get away with it.

ask djradio.

alright so I went down there this afternoon and I was thouroughly impressed. Liz, the owner, was super nice and seems to have big plans. The store was still being finished, there is a whole back room yet to be done. but the front looks really nice and has a lot of product for being such a new store. thats one thing i hate, when people open stores and have 3 shirts hanging. there wasn't a ton of clothes yet, hysteric glamour on the way, denim for chile. she had shirts/bags/pillows from upper playground, shirts from wowch, alex+chloe jewelry, womens stuff from doe, all kinds of random gift stuff from japan. cool watches. def a place to check out and to keep an eye on to see what she will get in the future.

alright so I went down there this afternoon and I was thouroughly impressed. Liz, the owner, was super nice and seems to have big plans. The store was still being finished, there is a whole back room yet to be done. but the front looks really nice and has a lot of product for being such a new store. thats one thing i hate, when people open stores and have 3 shirts hanging. there wasn't a ton of clothes yet, hysteric glamour on the way, denim for chile. she had shirts/bags/pillows from upper playground, shirts from wowch, alex+chloe jewelry, womens stuff from doe, all kinds of random gift stuff from japan. cool watches. def a place to check out and to keep an eye on to see what she will get in the future.

Just stopped by on my way home from work... cmykhustla pretty much summed it up. She's expecting Hysteric Glamour in March, she said, and she's still not sure exactly what all she's going to carry--she said she's still trying to figure out just who her clientele consists of. Definitely going to be carrying both men's and women's, and it sounds like plenty of clothing. Apparently the guys from Wowch are going to be in Philly tomorrow, and she's hoping they may stop by, in case anyone cares.

man, philly really is picking up recently....wthn, deep sleep, this place, ubiq is trying to turn things around as well i hear....could be good for everyone, hope all these businesses do well...i get worried when i see things i like in philly

I totally agree, Ubiq has been heading down a bad slope for the past year or so, and I hear that they're trying to pick stuff up. I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but i havent yet seen matthew rizzo. anyone been down there?

izzo, not rizzo. yeah, it's pretty good. the people are really helpful and michael posts some on mynudies.com. it was the only place around to get nudies for a while. but not that the higher end department stores have picked up nudie, acme, flippa k, j. lindeberg, etc., it's become just more of the same.