Stitching On Inside Leg Of 'New' APC New Standard Vs. 'Old' NS

Larry Gene David

I was about to purchase a pair of NS from the APC site when I zoomed in and noticed the double stitching (if that makes sense) on the inside leg. My brother has a pair, and there is also double stitching, however one is golden thread and the other is dark navy so it is not noticeable. I really don't like the idea of how they look on the site...

30rrwau.jpg

Any ideas if the picture on the APC site is outdated, or is this how the 'new' New Standards are now?!

Thanks!

that (if i'm not wrong?) is the stitching you'll see on the outside of any felled seams...

no idea about whether the double gold stitching is a new feature here to stay, but APC has always utilised felled inseams, only like you mentioned, previously one line of it was gold and another navy. i don't believe it's actually very noticeable when you wear your jeans?

Thanks guys.

Tweedles, I'm anal retentive sometimes and I just dislike double gold stitching, 1 navy, 1 gold suits me perfectly. :):D If there was double gold stitching it would make me not purchase a pair!

More importantly, anyone that has ordered from the APC site recently please let me know if it has double gold stitching or 1 navy and 1 gold, thanks!

certainly is a great great show, im obsessed with series1, comedy structure is very similar to alan partridge, that whole sociopath edge/logic vs societys rules.....

anyhow... I really like double gold stiching, my howies have it but my sammies or apcs or pbjs dont. My japanese jeans have a single stitch with many zig zag'd threads running up the seam.....what is this? My apcs and howies with the double stitch dont have this zig zag on the inside but do have a visable double stich on the outside unlike sam and pbjs.

certainly is a great great show, im obsessed with series1, comedy structure is very similar to alan partridge, that whole sociopath edge/logic vs societys rules.....

anyhow... I really like double gold stiching, my howies have it but my sammies or apcs or pbjs dont. My japanese jeans have a single stitch with many zig zag'd threads running up the seam.....what is this? My apcs and howies with the double stitch dont have this zig zag on the inside but do have a visable double stich on the outside unlike sam and pbjs.

that would be a serged seam (http://sewing.about.com/library/weekly/aa011398.htm also click link that says "More About Sergers") and most repros would use this as it was (again, if i'm not wrong) historically accurate. "modern" jeans use the flat-felled seam.