Do Vans Look Better Trashed or New and Pretty?

MilSpex

Vans - Fresh or Beat?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Vans - Fresh or Beat?

• Fresher the better
    • Beat to shit

ChardX wont listen to me. I keep telling him to wear out one or two pairs of vans instead of breaking out fresh pairs every day. imo fresh vans look fucked and about 100 times better dirty and beat. what do you think superfuture? am I right or am I right?

am I right or am I right?

You. are. correct.

Although a fresh pair is dope depending on the outfit, beated ones have that gritty look to it. I will admit I rock fresher vans 'cause the trashed chucks/vans look is a played out hipster staple in my neighborhood (Williamsburg a la Brooklyn.)

think it depends alot of times...leather ones look sick fresh but especially white vans...too damn white out of the box...gotta wear them in, give it some character. Ive been wearing the same greyishblueish slipons for over a year now and its got some battle scars, rips on the side, discoloring, etc.

Beat. Esp. Marc Jacobs.

I saw an add in Homme mag. It was someone wearing the blue and red stripe patent MJ skate highs, with a crisp suit. Vans were beat and muddy. Looked fly.

CHARD NEEDS TO STOP BABYING HIS SHOES! Next time I see you in Supremes, Ima step on them. Yes. STEP.

Same with you Jermy.

goddamn it, i never said i like my vans all clean hahah. I just have a heavy rotation of them so its hard for me to wear them out. It depends on which ones too. $100+ vans, i try to wear them carefully. If they're just $20-$60 vans, shit i dont care about them, i wear to lounges and bars all the time (people stomping and drinks spilling) haha. Also i'll have to agree that beat canvas/nonleather vans looks good. Kudos!

stunt- if you step on my supremes, i will sure jump kick you while you're riding your fixie

i got my brother another pair of slipons for christmas. they are developing what i can only desribe as whiskers. as for his black ones they are shredded and they look so much better then when he first got them

Depends on the shoe. Once the any of the Marc Jacob editons are worn in pretty good, they're done.

But pretty much any of their other shoes, once they get holes, rips, tears, dirt, blood, whatever on them, they just look beautiful. They have a lot more character.