Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
skecr8r

Top 5 best hip-hop producers and WHY

Recommended Posts

dr.dre a real n!**a with an attitude.

primo. is primo.

jay-dillionare got everyone paid.

madlib is otis jackson, quasimoto, jaylib, madvilainy, lootpack, ynqt, oxnard etc.....

pete rock, biz marke, q tip, bambata, gza, 9th, large pro, shadow, dan nakamura, diamond d, aphex, buckshot, el producto, fat jack, jazzy jeff, mumbles, prince paul, metal fingers, dre and boi, and lastly but not the least rick ruben.

next 5

exile, ricci rucker, gb, ohno, j rocc, me?

...........

next thread.

sampler/sequncer/composer of choice?

a. mpc

b. sp12

c. boss sp

d. yamaha su

e. mac/pc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Quote:

T.R.O.Y. was not Ghost produced by Large Pro, Large Pro gave PR the Tom Scott Record and pointed out the sample. Pete Rock made the beat by himself. don't think that counts as ghost producing...

--- Original message by pasey pase on Apr 18, 2005 08:25 AM

don't want to start fucked up rumors over an undeniably classic song, but i was told Large pro gave him the record with the sax looped, already chopped with drums. All Pete did was throw in the 'yeah's and the 'just listen' and the 'for the nineties' shit.

The scenario you're talking about (just giving him the song and pointing out samples) is Large Pro puttin Black Sheep onto it...they would eventually use the same song (Today) for Similak Child.

who knows and since it's my fav. song of all time (tied with Know the Ledge), i don't really care who did it. both extra p and peterock are mad skilled producers. but when i listen to both of their catalogues, it seems to me more of a Large pro beat...but maybe you're right after all.

--- Original message by ABELnyc on Apr 18, 2005 10:50 AM

just peeping this..my bad. I think I read the TROY story in wax poetics interview with PR. as far as their catalogs go, I see what you're sayin. "just hangin out" sounds like a pete rock beat too. got the horns from the stalag riddim that pete used on maaaad songs. who knows if either of us are right, but I think my version is from the horses mouth if my memory serves me correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok i already gave in my 5 but King Honey is ridiculous. RJD2 of course (Prefuse sucks a big fat cock get off RJ's/Dabrye's collective dills please.) and Diplo is dope to a fault, i actually am beginning to hate him and envy his life. get your hands on the Diplo vs. Shadow megamix, you will not regret doing so.

Express Rising/anything Dante Carfagna related flexes with so much heart and soul. Shit is just fucking real. Memphix on top.

No I.D. the unsung hero, the slept on mentor to young Kanyeezy. and pssst---he's better!

Scott Storch: my rant would go on too long with this one so Google if you don't know.

Alchemist: cannot front on this nigga's grimy shitstain salad and gravyfries. finally getting his due. Regal propers for pioneering the next hardcore movement.

~multiflavored RodLavers~

http://abelnyc.com

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Berget__

- Dj Embee. Listen to: Looptroop - The struggle continues

- Rusty James. Listen to: Mics Of Fury - Backtrack

- Alchemist. Listen to: Dilated Peoples - Worst comes to worst

- Mannie Fresh. Listen to: Big Tymers - Still fly

- Breakmecanix Listen to: Any song by Timbuktu

I aint gotta get money man money get me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:

- Dj Embee. Listen to: Looptroop - The struggle continues

- Rusty James. Listen to: Mics Of Fury - Backtrack

- Alchemist. Listen to: Dilated Peoples - Worst comes to worst

- Mannie Fresh. Listen to: Big Tymers - Still fly

- Breakmecanix Listen to: Any song by Timbuktu

--- Original message by Berget__ on Aug 6, 2005 07:12 AM

Quote: - Alchemist. Listen to: Dilated Peoples - Worst comes to worst

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Alchemist fan. But worst comes to worst didn't really require much from al, its just a sped up loop for a somewhat well known track

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Berget__

I do agree with you. But i really like the beat. I dont think that the most technically skilled beats are the best everytime...i just like what i like.

I aint gotta get money man money get me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr. Dre - I think his 90-92 stuff was more complex than now, but he is still king. He probably has 100 unused beats on his computer that could be top 10 pop hits, right now.

DJ Premier - he still has the touch. No one has such a distinct, funky and crisp sound.

Organized Noize/outkast/goodiemob/ceelo - these foos make some incredible melodies, sounds, and hooks, most all non-sampled or stolen. Remember when BOB came out? People were stunned...

Swishahouse -yeah

Whoever it was that hooked up the Amerie One Thing beat. Thats just sick...

Diplo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Berget__
Quote:

Dr. Dre - I think his 90-92 stuff was more complex than now, but he is still king. He probably has 100 unused beats on his computer that could be top 10 pop hits, right now.

DJ Premier - he still has the touch. No one has such a distinct, funky and crisp sound.

Organized Noize/outkast/goodiemob/ceelo - these foos make some incredible melodies, sounds, and hooks, most all non-sampled or stolen. Remember when BOB came out? People were stunned...

Swishahouse -yeah

Whoever it was that hooked up the Amerie One Thing beat. Thats just sick...

Diplo

--- Original message by Tarmac on Aug 18, 2005 03:35 PM

damn...why didnt I think of Organized Noize icon_smile_wink.gif

I aint gotta get money man money get me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Primo. So consistent when it comes to ill beats.

2. Pete Rock. wins by default.

3. RZA. The first time i heard 36 chambers and cuban linx i was drooling.

4. 9th Wonder. Ef Kanye. 9th is the future.

5. Just Blaze. After hearing Breathe he has to get a spot.

Honorable Mention: madlib, prince paul, *cough* Kanye *cough*, Dre, Large pro, hi-tek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:

ok i already gave in my 5 but King Honey is ridiculous. RJD2 of course (Prefuse sucks a big fat cock get off RJ's/Dabrye's collective dills please.) and Diplo is dope to a fault, i actually am beginning to hate him and envy his life. get your hands on the Diplo vs. Shadow megamix, you will not regret doing so.

Express Rising/anything Dante Carfagna related flexes with so much heart and soul. Shit is just fucking real. Memphix on top.

No I.D. the unsung hero, the slept on mentor to young Kanyeezy. and pssst---he's better!

Scott Storch: my rant would go on too long with this one so Google if you don't know.

Alchemist: cannot front on this nigga's grimy shitstain salad and gravyfries. finally getting his due. Regal propers for pioneering the next hardcore movement.

--- Original message by ABELnyc on Aug 5, 2005 12:30 AM

Totally agree bout No ID being underated, to produce resurection but also metal lugies on pretty toney album, which is so hard and wu-ish shows some skills.

mf doom - nobody mentioned him yet. Made some brilliant beats basically and that fact he is also an amazing lyricist in my opinion only adds to it. Op Doomsday has that raw sound like 36chambers that frows and grows on you.

Prince paul. first three de la albums, 6 feet deep and then later quirky stiff like pschoanalysis what is it and prince among thieves. Nuff said.

Cant really name the other three! I guess 36chambers and liquid swords alone are enough to qualift rza though he seems obvious choice...and gravediggaz too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree. Especially with prince paul. Don't forget his Handsome boy modeling school and gravediggaz stuff.

Gravediggaz era = prince paul and rza at thier best

Depht...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:

Agree. Especially with prince paul. Don't forget his Handsome boy modeling school and gravediggaz stuff.

Gravediggaz era = prince paul and rza at thier best

--- Original message by DEPHT on Nov 24, 2005 07:39 PM

Gravediggaz era = prince paul and rza at thier best

yep, well 6feet deep was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Privilege Program