Snowboarders: What are you riding?

paradigm_shift

yeah burton quality is def up there imho. im not sure why people are so quick to hate on them for being some corporate monster. well regardless. their stuff works and for the most part is bulletproof in my experience. i still have an A-Deck and bindings from like 98 that are in rideable condition.

ANYWAY. just got back from whistler. im forever spoiled. i hate east coast ice.

:o

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up a pair of black cartels during off-season sales to use next year, should be a nice match with the idiom deck. I've heard a lot of good things about them and I wanted an upgrade so I figured the timing was good. I was using some older burton cfx's that my bro passed down to me and those were great bindings, but my backup bindings (cheapy freestyles) broke so now the CFX's are going onto the backup board.

I've never been to skidazzle, but I'm surprised you were able to find the UnInc there... I thought most of the things they carried were leftovers and smaller brands. Nice pickup :)

^In terms of gloves i tried this shit Naturals Miracle and it neutralized almost all of the smell in the glove...they were pipe gloves though so i duno what your set up is, maybe oxy clean it...

Im ridin a Burton complete - Balance 152.5 with black and gold Missions and Freestyle boots...boards too small though and the base is jacked

i've never done this but why not just throw them in the wash and spray them with some 3m. my girl just sprays her burton gores with some repellent before riding and it works like brand new. doesn't look new but keeps the moisture out. i never checked but maybe the gloves have a care label. if your going to try it, try it on an old pair and see the results for yourself.

setup:

board: nitro team 157

bindings: cartels

boots: sabbath

Damn, I haven't checked this thread in a while...

thefunkytechnician, nice board, exactly like mine with different bindings

what do you mean by big? wide?

i ride a 05 Burton Custom right now. Its too stiff for my just jibbing n shit so anyone got something flexible? I was thinking Uninc for a bit

Got a question on toe caps. Does anyone find that they slide up the boot too easily? they never stay on the toe...

Big as in long. My Uninc is pretty flexy, especially compared to the Dominant, but I've heard good things about the Custom as two of my friends ride 'em haha. Oh, and my toe caps (for Burton Missions) never slide up but my friend's convertible straps on his Saloman bindings (not sure what kind) slide up all the time

BTW, does anyone have any experience with the newer Flows?

i've never done this but why not just throw them in the wash and spray them with some 3m. my girl just sprays her burton gores with some repellent before riding and it works like brand new. doesn't look new but keeps the moisture out. i never checked but maybe the gloves have a care label. if your going to try it, try it on an old pair and see the results for yourself.

setup:

board: nitro team 157

bindings: cartels

boots: sabbath

i have burton gore gloves and i dont remember if they had this suggestion, but i know for the cargo pants they say to occasionally treat them with additional water repellent, season is practically over for me, so i wonder if it makes a difference if i spray them now or wait until right before i start going next season..

• 1 year later...

Park board

'05 155 Ride DH / Rome 390

Jib board

'08 151 Rome Artifact / Rome 390

Freeride board

'99 158 Ride Timeless

Boots

Saloman Synapse - due for a replacement

Jacket

686 Limited Edition

Pants

Northface

Home resorts

Sierra at Tahoe

Heavenly

Favorite runs this year

Gunbarrel

Motts Canyon / Killebrew

High Roller park

Powderbowl park

West Bowl park

We got so many blizzards this season in Tahoe, it was great!