UW

so-so

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh I went. Good steals on Alife shoes that my friends took advantage of. Other than that, just a lot of G-Star and similar crap. Although a good selection of Trovata and Filippa K outerwear. Other than that, skip it. Lots of girl stuff and the line was like 2 blocks long + an hour wait to get in. But I did go across the street and buy the Klaxons cd so it wasnt a total bust!

Where the fuck were you guys? I was surrounded by dudes in Diesels and Sevens...fuck.

Yeah...so I went and waited in line for an hour. Got tired of waiting and went home. It was a nice trip to ballard though.

yeh I went. Good steals on Alife shoes that my friends took advantage of. Other than that, just a lot of G-Star and similar crap. Although a good selection of Trovata and Filippa K outerwear. Other than that, skip it. Lots of girl stuff and the line was like 2 blocks long + an hour wait to get in. But I did go across the street and buy the Klaxons cd so it wasnt a total bust!

Where the fuck were you guys? I was surrounded by dudes in Diesels and Sevens...fuck.

hahaha jesse...sorry, i was sleeping in and woke up at 2. but i wil def see you at Thread right?

hahaha jesse...sorry, i was sleeping in and woke up at 2. but i wil def see you at Thread right?

haha its ok man...but now u know not to go tomorrow! I did the recon work!

I want to go to Thread but Ill most likely be in Ocean Shores drunk off my ass standing waist deep in the waves at 2am. But if not...yeah Ill totally roll up.

haha its ok man...but now u know not to go tomorrow! I did the recon work!

I want to go to Thread but Ill most likely be in Ocean Shores drunk off my ass standing waist deep in the waves at 2am. But if not...yeah Ill totally roll up.

yeah thanks for reporting back i swore to myself i wouldnt drink on friday so i could wake up early enough but alas..

glad to know i didnt miss much

i was there, one of the first in. it was kinda shitty, a lot of stuff they had out in blackbird last year but harder to get to. was hoping for more.

the line was INSANE

uw is a good school, the int'l studies program is tops in the nation as a grant recipient. history and poli sci are good, women's studies too (i only know the humanities :( ) and the honors program is well regarded and has fantastic professors.

• 2 weeks later...

uw business school has gotten real competitive in admission over the last few years. but once you're in, you can choose what concentration you want, no more applying to each concentration. overall, if you have decent grades (3.0), you won't have a problem finding a job after graduation.

accounting: damn hard, 3.3 and good personality big 4 no problem. masters of taxation ranked high

finance: good program, but shitty finance market in seattle. few hardcore finance jobs like in nyc/chicago. no big banks recruit from uw.

marketing: don't know much about

info sys: you can graduate knowing nothing and still get paid a good salary. very basic stuff - excel, access, vb.net, sql.

jackson school of int'l business: don't know much about, have to apply separartly. heard its a very good program.

my only gripe about business school is the damn building. talk about a piece of sheit.

I'm definately down. Who does this "small group" consist of?

2 dude friends that want their first pair or raws, my brother who like Penguin too much and his girlfriend. Good times.

Is there a SuFu discount? That'd be super.

I am from Princeton University, the utmost institution of instituionalization,

UW is only the imitation of the imitation, thrice removed from Occidentalism,

The Ontic Realism that empowers the new elites of America

The religiK politiK intellectiK first eye of opus

There is only 'P' in hiPster, neither 'U' nor 'W'. Washington himself was the least of all saints, lest his own institution. The inferior who only images from double mirrors should not convene, conjoin or convocate.

Signed, The Princetonite,

SINATRA ASRAT

For the record, DATASSHOL isn't me, I can only wish to achieve his trolling greatness...

You win DATASSHOL. I'm not even going to try and argue with you, it's pointless.

Hahaha anyone in the University District see the little kiosk, towards the end of University Way (before Campus Parkway), selling Zipia stuff?? It's right next to the last bus stop before Campus Parkway.

I saw a booth with signs saying "T-shirts $15!" and noticed what appeared to be a Lad Musician roses t-shirt from Bedroom Rockers. I hopped off the bus at the next stop to go check it out and, sure enough.. It's a bunch of "inspired by" stuff for sale at a much lesser cost than eBay, at least. They had a bunch of other t-shirts, jeans, jackets, etc, and one other "Lad Musician" t-shirt (the girl working there did tell me straight that it is just "inspired by" the Lad Musician design).

Amazing.

Since you're all in the area with nothing to do Friday afternoon, I'm going to be at the Undergraduate Research Symposium presenting some research on sex and alcohol from noon till five. Stop in if you're walking by Mary Gates Hall; I'll be wearing a gray suit and gold shoes standing next to the only poster printed on vinyl.

Hahaha anyone in the University District see the little kiosk, towards the end of University Way (before Campus Parkway), selling Zipia stuff?? It's right next to the last bus stop before Campus Parkway.

I saw a booth with signs saying "T-shirts $15!" and noticed what appeared to be a Lad Musician roses t-shirt from Bedroom Rockers. I hopped off the bus at the next stop to go check it out and, sure enough.. It's a bunch of "inspired by" stuff for sale at a much lesser cost than eBay, at least. They had a bunch of other t-shirts, jeans, jackets, etc, and one other "Lad Musician" t-shirt (the girl working there did tell me straight that it is just "inspired by" the Lad Musician design).

Amazing.

lol. i stopped by the little stand. i saw abunch of tshirts but didnt see any zipia stuff :/

would've bought something if they had zipia stuff!

• 3 weeks later...

Might anyone be interested in subleasing an apartment in the U District? My parents are moving and I'm hoping to my cat but am unable to keep her at my current location. Hopefully in July I'll be able to move into a place where she is allowed to live.

The apartment is a small studio on 47th and 11th; about a block away from Trader Joe's, no more than two blocks from any bus stops you would ever need, nice view, big balcony, etc.

My lease is up at the end of August but if you let me know before June 15th, there is also a chance to renew the lease.

If anyone is interested, PM me.

• 3 months later...