getting my wisdom teeth pulled

Aeros

I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled at 7 am tomorrow. Not really looking forward to it, especially since I am getting all four pulled at once. Any of you guys have any pointers on things to eat or things to do while I am recovering?

Everyone reacts differently. I've known people who got them removed with no visible swelling a day later and they were eating solid foods. My face, on the other hand, ballooned up until I looked like a human version of Quagmire from Family Guy.

Either way, you'll get some Tylenol 3's or Percs which will help you sleep very, very nicely :)

oxycodons (tylenol 3) suck. always ask for the percs.

wisdom teeth are no big deal or suck tons depending on if your nerves are close to the root and/or they have to remove bone to remove them.

also you can get something called a dry socket after the removal, which means the nerve at the base of your gum is exposed, causing excruciating pain. this usually requires you to go back to the dentist to get them to pack painkillers into the socket.

I got four pulled at the same time.

I couldn't eat for 2 weeks.

Best weight loss plan ever.

Like after a few days, you just lose interest in eating.

and you just don't get hungry anymore

also you can get something called a dry socket after the removal, which means the nerve at the base of your gum is exposed, causing excruciating pain. this usually requires you to go back to the dentist to get them to pack painkillers into the socket.

yeah, DON'T spit out the blood/saliva. you have to let it drool out.

oxycodons (tylenol 3) suck. always ask for the percs..

na, tylelol 3's just have shitty codeine in them..oxycodone is in the better shit... percocets, oxycontin etc...but just remember, shit aint fun no more when your eating 160 mg's of oxycontin just not to be sick...life sucks when dependency is an issue.

I too had all four done at once. I remeber them sticking the knock-out IV thing in my arm and them telling me to count backward from 10 or something. That's all I remember until I woke up in a different room, really woozy with the iron-like taste of blood in my mouth. It's a little disconcerting. Plus my belt was on backward. Still can't figure that one out but I digress.

My Dad picked me up and we stopped at the supermarket to get the pain killer prescription filled but I was out of it mentally and instead of waiting in the car, I decided to go into the store to find him. I stumbled around and when I found him he gave me a crazy look and he pointed at my shirt. I looked down and I must have dribbled bood and spit down my chin and onto my shirt. I couldn't feel it due to the numbness in my lips. I was gettin' crazy looks from the other shoppers!

All together a great time.

Just kidding about the belt, BTW.

Got all 4 removed myself. By my sister. Just before Easter. She was visiting so she had to do them all at once. It wasn't that bad. The crunching sound sounds like you're biting into an apple. When I looked in the mirror afterwards, there were bits of blood and stuff on my shirt. That was about it.

I ate a chicken parm for lunch right after. My gum was still a little numb, so when I bit my cheek by accident, I didn't realy feel the pain. Was a little sore later, but still could eat. I think the soreness was noticeable for about 2 days. No biggie.

On the other hand, a friend of mine had his wisdom teeth pulled, and his face ballooned. The dentist supposedly said this was the most dramatic reaction he'd ever seen.

Hope y'all heal fast.

i've had to had mine removed for like 3 years and didn't do anything cause i'm lazy and i never found a good time to do nothing in case i was one of the lucky one to suffer. now i'm fucked cause i don't have insurance anymore and one teeth is growing and it fucking hurt so i can't eat with the right side of my mouth and i can't do anything about it cause i don't have any insurance and it's fucking expensive...

Got them pulled this morning. It's really not that bad as long as you keep the gauze in your mouth. Otherwise my gums hurt like a bitch even while taking the pain killers. As for the surgery itself they gave me laughing gas the second I stepped into the room. Then they put a needle in my arm and ten seconds later I was out cold. Hell after I woke up I barely even remember how I got home. That's how out of it I was. Although I'm fine now. It just sucks that I can't eat anything good for the next couple of days. Food is one of my favorite things in the world.

i had to have a molar pulled recently

i wasnt put out or anything, just had the shot to the gum thing.

the worst was the sound/feeling of the tooth "popping", it felt like a firecracker went off in my mouth.

afterwards i had my prescription for tylenol filled, then drove an hour in traffic in work and didnt have a chance to eat all day. i was mumbling due to the gauze in my mouth.

if i had the day off, i probably wouldnt have cared so much.

• 1 year later...