Just got my S5000VX (pics)

khaltire

Please comment on the fit.. they are very very stiff, hard to walk in almost. I thought my Dry Bones were stiff, but DAMN. The waist is also very tight and I havent soaked them yet, got my true size. Thinking about doing a lukewarm soak, I think they should fit better after. They actually fit alot slimmer than I expected, but I am happy with them. They are also not as high rise as I have heard, I couldnt pull them up very far, but it IS true what they say about a fitted seat, which is nice. Seems like the leg opening is small enough for them to stack (if I were so inclined)

30xg8si.jpg

2luw8zb.jpg

2l9i3vl.jpg

3ygpg5u.jpg

2lco5zb.jpg

Like any other denim they will surely soften up when you wear them..

go for a run or take a bike ride or somethin', thats what i did to my AW's (not as stiff as the sammies i reckon) and they softened up in no time.

^ Hahaha, yeah its amazing.. I dont really like it, but there are people Ive seen on this board that WISH they could fit into a 26 in certain jeans (dunno why)... Anyways, took me 2 tries to find the right pair.. I think Im sticking with these.. soaking time

Oh, and whoever asked, I dunno what it means, but when I try to pull the waist up to my natural waist, the inside where the jean's sides all connect cant go any higher cause my junks in the way haha.. Does that mean its a high rise or low rise? I cant really explain any better what I mean

IMO you should take the jeans on, stand upright, put your thumbs down each pocket and push down untill they sit a littlebit further down the waist.

Guest jeffvyain

they look good. they will look even better after a soak. personally i would just get a hot wash (with just a dap of soap to get rid of some of the starch) out of the way. they retain indigo like a motherfucker, and that way they won't shrink near as much next time around. i'm on wash #3 with mine and they still shrunk a little bit last time in the wash. i would do that and then stretch the waste a bit and let hang dry so you get to see your jeans stand up

Hey man, whats up! Only worn em twice, but I still have em... haha.. I wanted those argon bapes from you! Reverse ones that is

IMO you should take the jeans on, stand upright, put your thumbs down each pocket and push down untill they sit a littlebit further down the waist.

Thats fine, when they stretch (which is inevitable), they will sit lower on my waist, probably on my hips, and that will happen naturally

I read that they shrink down to tagged size after wash. I just measured the waist, its 28.2 inches, Toshiko mentioned that after the soak they will probably go down to around 27, after consecutive washes itll be down to 26.. that works for me.. currently soaking in warm water..pretty exciting haha

Looks good.

Next time just remember how crowded these boards would be if we all posted a new thread each time we purchased something new. It would be unmanageable. There are several Samurai threads -- I'm sure this would find a nice home in one of them.

definitely put these back on you as soon as you can after soaking them. If the waist is already very tight, after soak its going to be like trying to button metal.

edit: in fact, you might even consider not soaking and wearing around for a while/sleeping in them to stretch/soften them up a bit.

I didnt even know they made 501s in 25? I thought smallest was 28.. thats all I ever saw (and wore)...

nair - they are already soaking.. Gonna do about 2 hours (times almost up).. the waist, like I mentioned was 28.2 inches before the soak, my true waist is about 26.5, so I SHOULD really soak them.. then will stretch anyways

I think alot of the starch is coming off, I can see a layer of starch all over the jeans, when I touch it, it kinda moves around in the water, and then settles on them again.. the water is filled with tiny starch bubbles

• 4 months later...

yeah, I got rid of them, I actually got a 26, but I really wanted to wear them in my hips, so I should have got a 28.. I thought a low rise jean takes this into acct and changes the fit accordingly (if that make sense)... basically, the rise was so small and I was wearing them above my hips so it was crushing my goods! haha... I guess Im the only one who, if I was to do it again, would size up 2 inches.. everyone seems to size down 1 or 2... maybe smaller sizes its a little different

Im gonna get some s5000vx in texas cotton if they ever do release them