Just got my S5000VX (pics)

khaltire

I actually got a 26, but I really wanted to wear them in my hips, so I should have got a 28.. I thought a low rise jean takes this into acct and changes the fit accordingly (if that make sense)...

Strange because according to Toshiko @ Samurai the reason the 5000 series measure generously compared to tag is because they are meant to be worn on the hips and presumably they didn't want to throw off all the loyal (esp. domestic) shoppers who blind buy their Samurai size over the interweb. Somet seem to do the same thing as do Skull. Perhaps you should remeasure your true waist and see if there's a discrepancy. Oh and absolutely agree that these are mid rise.

I guess that it's sort of subjective. I would describe them as slimish and lowish rise (burnt out from finals so my adjectives kind of suckish). I think that they're perfect. I might literally buy another pair from Toshiko so that I can have one with the arcs and tab, as well. They are my perfect pair and I think that they compliment my tall, thin body type very well. They dont make me look overwhelmed by the cut, but they dont make me look heroin thin, either.