ray ban wayfarers

Brienneoftarth

Hey, theres 2 sizes in the new line up man. One is 52mm across and the other is like 60 (i think, not too positive). I got a massive head too, the small ones make me look like the evil nazi guy in Raiders of the Lost Arc. The big ones fit perfect tho.

The only sunglass place I go to is Sunglass hut, and they usually got both sizes on display. Maybe try their website, http://www2.sunglasshut.com/

dont get the wayfarers man theyre too obvious. I got a version of them off overstock.com they were versace and end up being like

40 bucks. Similar style but when I walk by someone wearing wayfarers Im safe in the knowledge that Im not wearing the exact same shades.

wayfarers are classic and no matter how many people wear them they remain awesome. i picked up a pair at sunglass hut. i believe there are three sizes actually. if you're in manhattan, there is a sunglass hut on spring that only has the smaller two, and the one of broadway has them both.

I have two pairs of wayfarers, a newer pair of (54mm) tortoise shells, purchased from sunglass hut about 4 years ago, and an original pair of white ones (50mm).

The newer revised ones have spring loaded arms, (which have broken once, but I replace the arms for about AU$20) sit flatter to the face, and are over all more comfortable, and better at keeping the sun out.

The older 70s ones have the barrel hinges, and sit angled forward of the face. They actually take a bit of getting used to wearing.

When I bought the newer ones, I was told ray ban were ending production of that style, in favor of the shocking "new wayfarers". I'm glad they are re-releasing the original style, as well as the updated frame.

They are an absolute classic, but I'm a little annoyed that they will become too cool, sort of like aviators did...

Here's a link to an old thread that you might like too:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=10775&highlight=wayfarer

Sunglass Hut/Rayban are promoting them a heap, they made postcards saying, "Girlfriends come, and girlfriends go, Wayfarers are forever" which were 10% off as well (in AUS)

I really hope they don't turn into the new aviators.

If you want a similar style, but something different, Oakley made some called FROG SKINS, colorful arms and lenses. Could be got second hand cheap also.

I definitely hope this doesn;t become a craze. Obviously, they're a popular and classic style, but snooping around for info on the upcoming repro release I read that lame celebs like Mischa barton might be hopping on the bandwagon.....which would make me glad I just threw away 160 bucks on shades......either way, I tried on the 54mm wayfarers in sunglass hut and they fit perfect, so i ordered mine in a 55 on amazon, pretty cool colors as well....and the frig skins from oakley are awesome!

Wayfarers are like Chucks - even if every 16 year old mall shopper wears them, who cares? They're classics. I had two pairs but I recently stepped on one and then left the other at a gas station on I-10 in the desert. Happy to hear that Ray-Ban is bringing back the old school ones.

Has anyone seen the Ray-Ban Drifters? I picked up a pair at a thriftstore this week. They have a really thick cross bar and make me look like a sociopath.

Call them what you will, nostalgic, classic, timeless, whatever, they are quite unwearable. The old ones, made in true English fashion, where frame rules the face, were brutal and painful, but they had IT. The new ones are cheap repros with nothing in common with the old bastard. They are neither Bausch&Lomb, nor Ray Ban...Just another piece of crap from Luxottica. The same way they ruined the beautiful Persol, they doing the Ray Ban in.

Call them what you will, nostalgic, classic, timeless, whatever, they are quite unwearable. The old ones, made in true English fashion, where frame rules the face, were brutal and painful, but they had IT. The new ones are cheap repros with nothing in common with the old bastard. They are neither Bausch&Lomb, nor Ray Ban...Just another piece of crap from Luxottica. The same way they ruined the beautiful Persol, they doing the Ray Ban in.

i found my dad's pair (pre 70's - 80's?) and i must say their pretty freakin well built, been wearing them for close to a year and it has survived many drops,

Lots of frames back in those ays were build to last... No more.

They take production to China and spit out millions of pairs; worthless in most cases, especially if its made of any type of metal. Plastics are OK, 'cause it's pretty much the same type of acetate.

I saw some pretty cool stuff at the big show in Paris a month ago, but man, if it's made in China, you better think twice, and the way I see it, I am not peddling crap. If it costs $$$$, you better provide.

For authentic fit and supreme quality, check out Oliver Goldsmith shades. :cool:

http://olivergoldsmith.com/chas.php