Black Levis 501 Rigid

reydogg23

I actually saw those today, they were going for $70.00 Canadian at the Levis store. I couldnt work it out, how it was so cheap as they really looked like something that should be priced at at least $170.00 . Because of the concept and because of the demand for Raw denim. I will be picking them up on Friday, but its a steal. Ring Ring you have anything to say bout these?

M. U. F. C.

Quote:

I actually saw those today, they were going for $70.00 Canadian at the Levis store. I couldnt work it out, how it was so cheap as they really looked like something that should be priced at at least $170.00 . Because of the concept and because of the demand for Raw denim. I will be picking them up on Friday, but its a steal. Ring Ring you have anything to say bout these?

--- Original message by I J F on Apr 5, 2005 07:48 PM

why should they be priced at $170? they're not from the LVC collection and they're not selvage, etc... those sound like the 'black soft rigid' 501's that were out last year for a time. they're nice: black warp with white weft and gold stitching. they only made them for a short period of time...and i was kinda kicking myself when they sold out everywhere and i couldn't find them. but the thing was that they were called 'soft rigid' and weren't actually rigid at all. if anyone actually grabs these, let me know if these are somehow diff't and are actually rigid, thanks!

That guy is just kidding about the $170 I hope.

But the joke is on the people that pay that much for an over-hyped screenprinted T-Shirt made in China.

i just sold a pair of USA made black soft rigids at a garage sale last week with the tags still on them for $7, oops!

I'm not illiterate, I just can't type!

1112216788617_lee1.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Apr 5, 2005 at 08:37 PM

i got those the last 2 times they came out. they seem to show up once every year and a half or so. not sure if theyre actually rigid this time but the first 2 times they dropped they werent. anyone know if these will be in all levis stores? my pair didnt shrink enough i need to get another.

i went to the levi's store yesterday at yonge/dundas to check them out and I found them a bit too shimmery for me. They're actually more blue than black, like what raw/indigo should look like. They feel very rigid (hence the name) and i think the price is pretty damn good.

they're shrink-to-fit and i'm not sure if they selvage or not because i don't know that much about denim. i used to think when you fold the leg, if there is a tab-ish thing when you fold it then it is selvage but apparently that's not it. anyway, when i folded them they had the tab thingy on the side. if they were less shiny i would have copped right away.

• 2 weeks later...