baggy raw denim?

sonagi

I like to wear my jeans a little baggy cuz i'm tall and skinny (6 2/ 140lb) and i dont wanna look like a walking skeleton. Its not crazy baggy though. For example, i got two pairs of prps in 32 and thats how i want my jeans to fit: just about right for the waist and loose on the legs. I sold my RRDS recently because they were kinda tight for me and I want to get a new pair of raw denim but i've heard some things about how if ur raw denim is baggy, whiskers and creases will shift and so on. So is it possible to get a good wash for a baggy pair of raw denim in the end?

Yea dont worry bout the honeycombs and whiskers. Tight jeans are preferred cuz they give sharper, tighter creases, but with dry denim, once you get those creases set in the denim, they wont budge. They might not be as sharp or defined, but they will definately wear. Look at all the vintage Levis that were fairly wide legged, in regards to the superfuture standard. They turn out beautifully. All you need is a little time and patience, and everything will sort itself out.

As for jeans, if you want some with a more fitted crotch, id recommend some edwins or maybe rag and bone or most of the japanese repro brands if you really wanna go all out. If you want an antifit blockier top, go with some nice LVC Levis or maybe even Nudie Baggy Bjorn.

And dont worry about looking like a skeleton, its actually very fashionable now! What I would recommend is getting jeans that fit well with your other clothes.

I like to wear my jeans a little baggy cuz i'm tall and skinny (6 2/ 140lb) and i dont wanna look like a walking skeleton. Its not crazy baggy though. For example, i got two pairs of prps in 32 and thats how i want my jeans to fit: just about right for the waist and loose on the legs. I sold my RRDS recently because they were kinda tight for me and I want to get a new pair of raw denim but i've heard some things about how if ur raw denim is baggy, whiskers and creases will shift and so on. So is it possible to get a good wash for a baggy pair of raw denim in the end?

I would recommend some of these.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=18359

Yea dont worry bout the honeycombs and whiskers. Tight jeans are preferred cuz they give sharper, tighter creases, but with dry denim, once you get those creases set in the denim, they wont budge. They might not be as sharp or defined, but they will definately wear. Look at all the vintage Levis that were fairly wide legged, in regards to the superfuture standard. They turn out beautifully. All you need is a little time and patience, and everything will sort itself out.

As for jeans, if you want some with a more fitted crotch, id recommend some edwins or maybe rag and bone or most of the japanese repro brands if you really wanna go all out. If you want an antifit blockier top, go with some nice LVC Levis or maybe even Nudie Baggy Bjorn.

And dont worry about looking like a skeleton, its actually very fashionable now! What I would recommend is getting jeans that fit well with your other clothes.

definately get bjorns if u want the baggy look..