The Japan Mecca pilgrimage thrad for 2007.....

thelion1856

I went in 05, have temporary (very temporary) plans to go in 07.

If you look at some of the rakuten stores, they have a button or link that says Shop Info (or something like that). Normally has pictures and phone numbers and address of what looks like retail stores :P

I will probably be in and out of Japan in 2007. I might even move there at some point next year, who knows at this point.

I have a fondness for Tokyo for reasons other than clothes, but I think Osaka gets slept on regarding the shopping, at least for what I think SF'ers might be more interested in. For denim, Osaka is king.

I go twice a year, for business and pleasure. I go to Tokyo, Nagoya, Ota City, Osaka, and Tochigi.

Next Sept. I will go to Tokyo, Nagoya, and Saitama prefecture. When I go I always stay in Tokyo for the most part of the trips.

Good jean shops in Tokyo are in Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku, and Ueno.

You may want to visit visit Ginza and Omotesando Hills.

Also, I may go to Tokyo in late spring next year.

When will you guys go to Japan?

I have been to various parts of japan over the last three years and will be in Osaka early 07. Lighting magazine have shopping guides to Tokyo and Osaka. Superfuture is good only for Tokyo. Addresses mean very little so print out location maps from shops and hotels etc.

Superfuture's maps are outdated and not very reliable, plus they're impossible to read! For good maps use the men's non-no online map.

http://mensnonno.shueisha.co.jp/map/

i say we do a japan mecca pilgrimage/field trip in 2007. I know they got those Japan tours, but instead of going to touristy spots we'll go to the rakuten shops. i say a bunch of superfutures get in together on one and do like a week long trip and hit up all of japan's hot spots for denim shops, clubs, food and more denim shops.

Maybe we'll even be able to visit Ryu and check out his famous sugar cane's in person. Who knows, maybe for $10 each he'll let us take a picture with his cane's and him, and then he'll sign the picture.

We could each do a live WAYWT video from japan on a daily basis and post them on youtube for the superfutues who could not make it.

Damn, i'd bring at least $5,000 in cash.

Ummmm i dont know who the denim prophet would be. Maybe Strauss i guess.

Now when would be the best time in 2007 for superfutures to go?