Stores in Palm Springs, CA

Aeros

i'm laughing as i'm writing this - i wouldn't think to ask this question on this forum. but i'm working in palm springs (charity art auction) over thanksgiving weekend. . . i heard there is very good second hand / vintage shopping - there being a huge and wealthy retiree community there. will let you know. . .

my post palm springs report:

there are consignment shops and thrift stores EVERYWHERE. just drive along hwy 111, toward indian wells, and you'll see them left and right. size doesn't seem to mean much, as the bigger stores tend to have loads of low quality shit to screen through. the smaller stores, imo, seem to have the quirkier shit and better quality. the "angel" thrift stores dominate 111, and i think the more clout a charity has, the more likely the local wealthy retirees will donate to them.

i found some lovely ferragamo flats, a flourescent orange merino wool sweater (complete with country club crest), and a plaid wool coat w/giant collar & hood.

good luck!