"HELL" graf (warning this post is unrelated to nike or selvedge)

ABELnyc

anyone know the scoop on this? seen it in my hood (Ft. Greene, Prospect Heights, Crown Heights etc.) and it's damn beautiful.

it looks like a wrought-iron lawn ornament, written in cursive vertically. not sure of gender or origin etc, or what kind of ups HELL has outside of Brooklyn.

but if this site is all tastemakers blah blooh blah etc., you should keep your eyes peeled. he or she writes with a "Bez" i think (who has no skills) but "HELL" is str8 money. anyone who has a pic of HELL's throwies etc. please post it. shit is nice.

i know neckface is god but that's on some more 4th grade doodle refreshing shit, this is some beautiful one of a kind thing. seriously.

~multiflavored RodLavers~

Quote:

I hope you're kidding,

Not sure but I thnk its some guy from SVA in the city. Also does those "kenyucky" tags around.

All of the that stuff is the worst shit around.

Whether you liek Neck Face or not, at least he would hit some nice spots.

Lets chauk it up to a difference in taste but I could live without ever seeing another HELL scribble on some ad in the subway. No thanks.

--- Original message by por vida on Apr 1, 2005 06:50 PM

nope, wasn't kidding. but it makes more sense if (s)he goes to pratt. worst shit around = a matter of opinion anyway, right? the worst shit around is kids biting each other for year upon year, with seldom an eye- catching handstyle. as far as trains go, i didn't know he was tagging ads. scratchitti is mad gay, but that's a weak alternative. haven't been underground for a month (had the parents' car) so yeah. that is a bit wack.

and i do like Neck, or his work rather. his was the last breath of fresh paint since earsnot.

but rolling down Washington the other day, near Pratt, i stopped at an intersection and saw the HELL script style on a wall, and really thought for a second it was some wrought iron decoration connected to the wall. plus, Hell did a bubble on Sterling/Classon which is also pretty tite. it's next to the funeral home.

~multiflavored RodLavers~

i was just talking about HELL with my pal the crook yesterday.. it's pretty nice and didn't

realize it said hell until it was pointed out to me. it's good.. it's certainly better than those fucking EJAE tags all over the place. that kid SUCKS, straight up toy..

but the likes of neckface, hell, even i love you is aight. i saw this one tag between chinatown and tribeca a couple days ago titled, PRETTY, and it was in cursive and in hot pink paint. I dug it.

dig.