Bicyclettes

canice

Can someone suggest a decent stem and riser bar combo and a place to find them online? I'm not a big fan of the FSA drop bars that are on my bike right now. I'm also looking for a good set of metal pedals with metal toe guards.

The thread or threadless question is for the stem, yes? I'm not sure (because I'm new) but my guess would be threadless because the stem is secured via two parallel alternating allen-headed bolts. It looks like this:

yhst-3773699254952_1959_1070332

Hey guys, need some help determining crank length. I haev a 78.83 cm inseam and most calculators come up with a 170mm crank. I am getting a 51" frame and read that for fixed/singlespeed, it might be ideal to run shorter cranks, especially for cornering. What do you guys think about 165mm? Or should I go for 170mm? I run 172.5 on my road bike which is a slightly larger frame (52 or 54 cm, I forgot). Cranks are expensive so I don't want to make a mistake.

Yes sir. Schwinn World Sport (mid-80's frame). Stripped + painted, left the badge bare metal covered w/ clear so hopefully it won't rust.

Need a new chainring or a cog...may switch back to drops or bullhorns.

I would. Or do something about the bars. Not a big fan. Maybe straight bars..

And I finally got my De Bernardi.

PS. Ngherity, I love you. That's the best post I've read on this board.

DB2.jpg

fix. rad frame. i have the same one but stripped and powdercoated flat black. i couldnt stand the threadless fork so i went i and got a vintage threaded track fork. lugged frames should have quill stems imo.

nice. please post photos when you finish.

fav bar setups right now:

threadless: thomson elite w/ black anodized 2" alloy risers

threaded: nitto pearl with nitto angled bullhorns

nitto steel drop with 2" black anodized risers

know of any cheap decent threadless piece you can recommend?

I would. Or do something about the bars. Not a big fan. Maybe straight bars..

And I finally got my De Bernardi.

PS. Ngherity, I love you. That's the best post I've read on this board.

haha yeah i try to never miss a shit-talk opportunity.

that frame looks real nice. i want something with track dropouts (of course) but my maruishi fits too well for me to worry about that nonsense.

fix. rad frame. i have the same one but stripped and powdercoated flat black. i couldnt stand the threadless fork so i went i and got a vintage threaded track fork. lugged frames should have quill stems imo.

nice. please post photos when you finish.

will do. But the stock frame is threaded. Or at least mine is. You can see it in my pics.

I kind of am feeling like getting some drops w/ champs grips but then my Crosslever will look silly..?

I don't think so. I actually prefer the look of a brake lever on a drop. I'm gonna be doing the same thing. With tight nitto bars too.

haha yeah i try to never miss a shit-talk opportunity.

that frame looks real nice. i want something with track dropouts (of course) but my maruishi fits too well for me to worry about that nonsense.

haha. Doesn't matter too much if you're happy with it and check out your rear hub before you ride. I used to have a converted, but I'm selling it cause it's too big. (I expected myself to grow more.)

Since my Philly trip consists of a 3day stay in NY, I will stop by Trackstar + NYCBikes...any other places to consider for fixed/track stuff? I'm looking for cogs and other things like drop bar + grips

trackstar is your best bet. NYCbikes doesn't deserve to eat. And if you go to Trackstar, you might as well go to Bike Habitat as well (they're close). It's a nice shop, and in the middle of soho, so it's near a lot of shops you might like.