Bicyclettes

canice

okay, scary fixed noob experience... i was going pretty fast then i forgot it was still on the fixed side and i stopped pedaling and lost control and somehow my chain came off the back hub... how?

and is the chain supposed to be tight as hell...? cause mine is a bit loose...

thanks

m1sterko, it is supposed to be quite tight

mine has stretched out and I need to tighten it sometime

invincible, 220 for a pista is a sweet deal for sure!

yeah im not talking loose like magician sleeve but theres room... i got like a 1 foot skid down... fixed is a lot of fun but dangerous if you dont ride brakeless specially when you are new.... :x

yeah im not talking loose like magician sleeve but theres room... i got like a 1 foot skid down... fixed is a lot of fun but dangerous if you dont ride brakeless specially when you are new.... :x

nice,

the 1 foot skid can score some laydeezzz

my first fixed gear (bought from nicholas) was missing a piece to attach the brake, so I learned without any braking experience, in fact, i dont even know what it's like to have one on a fixie.

Decent? Yes. Hot? I wouldn't go that far. Fiori was another brand sold by Norco. You're probably familiar with another one of their brands: Nishiki, and I don't think anyone considers those sacred. It's not like it's a Merckx with full Campy parts or something.

depends on the nishiki. if that's a decent tubing steel frame with 105 components its worth keeping together.

now, i have met a dude on a molteni colorway merckx that "took some crappy old parts off to make this dope fixie" before. his exact words.

do bike shoops accept bargaining?

as in a small discount or even adding on free stuff for you....

dont wanna pay tax!:(

Pay up front in cash and you'll usually get a tax free price.

And... here's a recent photo of my Bianchi Pasta Concept I took this morning at work.

377R9937_2.jpg

My training/track bike. 49/15.

does anyone know a good site to get these items

-cheap free/fix wheelset

-cheap saddles

-cheap chains

-cheap stems

cheap and decent for it's price. Looking for online shops.

hands down the best place to pick up deals are the regional forums. typically craigslist and ebay are dudes tryna get as much as possible.

well sometimes on the list i just want new

such as saddles

as long as theyre decent. or a site to know what i am looking for.

i really want to start riding, but no stem or wheelset.

Perhaps you should ride your bike for more than 15 minutes before you try to "improve" it with what every other idiot has.

</saysthedumbasswithbrooksdeepvs>

Perhaps you should ride your bike for more than 15 minutes before you try to "improve" it with what every other idiot has.

</saysthedumbasswithbrooksdeepvs>

the saddle is kind of torn.

BTT- yessum, but sssh.

are you bt?

if so, let me check out the stem. take a picture.

after a long and scary rroad trip... i need a new saddle... something with alot of room cause the stock schwinn madison bike suckssss. :( :(

not looking for crazy light weight stuff, just something wehre my asshole wont feel as if it were raped by kunkzilla

and btw, ar eyou guys all riding leaning forward like alot? cause when i stand up over the frame theres like about a .5-1 inch clearance off the floor but the seat may be too high... not sure

uh it just takes time to getting used to. truz me.

yeah man, i just wanna ride around town everyday now.. but i can tell i need new parts already. pedals, seat post, handlebars.

seat post first since its hurting my butt bones cause of its size. im used to pedaling but bombing hills is still hard for me cause i cant keep up with the speed im going at!

Ok good news, I measured the frame with wheels and (I'm an idiot) when measuring the top tube its center to center, and its actually a 55cm, not a 57cm which means it will work.

On the other hand, the guy at the bike shop said that it was a super big target bike to get stolen. So I'm kind of back to square one with my goal of getting a beater for the city I can also take on the track- recall I only paid $250 for the thing. I guess it's a nicer bike than I originally thought.

your bike might not be fit right. whenever i get new parts, i'll go out with an allen wrench and ride laps at the park, stopping to adjust each time i notice something's out of wack until i get it right.

it might have to do with the seat height... im prolly gonna go lower, the seat tube length was ridculously long and the mechanic took off about a inch or two. gonna have to buy a bike tool though :(

cant find my swiss knife

that's funny you posted the jack spade chain. i actually bought one of those sleeves when it was on sale for $10 and it has lasted like 2 years. my other one that came on thet chain lasted like 4 months before shredding and falling apart.

m1sterko ... you can get an allen key set at any hardware store for like $7. you'd be surprised how much a tiny bit of saddle or bar movement will fuck your world up, so its important to dial in the fit as close as you can. that's why in some cases, people shell out $300+++ to have their bikes professionally fit.