Bicyclettes

canice

here's an update, my leader frame finally came....

well.....

297846303.jpg

but it was double bubblewrapped in 2 types of bubbblewrap -_- so..

297846655.jpg

fork is from boxdog.

i plan on painting it, any fresh color suggestions?

will also have gold rear deep v and chameleon aerospoke in the front. (from my old bike)

paint the fork, leave the frame white. i remember talking to the leader guy telling me the decals come off and are not under the clearcoat.

i'm curious as to how that frame rides..being alum and all..

damn stunt you hit the ugly nail on its goddamn head..

"ehhhhhhhhh" is exactly what i thought when i unwrapped it.. and that'll be the official word for it until i actually ride it.

297907613.jpg

297907622.jpg

wow right?

seriously, you get waht you pay for.

i should paint those yellow and wear a 10XDEEP chain gang hoodie.. ha(5)

all the welds are like that :[

and i still dont get how these "built in chain tensioners" work..

297907615.jpg

i guess im happy though, $150- thats like the avg cost of one project at my school :[

****edit: all the decals are under the clear coat.. so i do want to paint it ^^

white looks nice but i just dont like how leader went to town with their labeling :\

its like looking at a race car, except all the stickers are from one sponsor >_<

lawl.. my repu rank is "dear leader".....

im riding 61 pista at the min(i say riding i not got to ride in a few months due to being away)i reckon i could go down to a 59 the branding on the pista just bugs me and i cant get over it,so im in need of a change got brand new wheelset sat next to me here aswell once i get the 2 dented spokes fixed!itching to ride again

i wish it was a few sizes bigger like i originally ordered. i ordered a 58 in black with a 1" threaded steerer. all i gotta say is that IRO's customer service blows. the group buy frames turned out super nice and i'm bummed i just ended up with one i have to sell.

aydo, by screwing the tensioners out, it will stop your axle from going farther forward in the drop out. It seems like it would be really annoying to get the right amount of tension though, because you would have to keep taking on and off the rear wheel to adjust it.

thats what im sayin, those screws are pretty much useless, i'll just throw on my RL tensioners cuz i can crank them without having to take the wheel on and off.

they couldve done without right?...

crank dat!

i wish it was a few sizes bigger like i originally ordered. i ordered a 58 in black with a 1" threaded steerer. all i gotta say is that IRO's customer service blows. the group buy frames turned out super nice and i'm bummed i just ended up with one i have to sell.

What actually happened? I bought mine over two years ago, but Tony was very on top of my order. Their frames are are deuce, but that's what your get for steel sourced and welded in Taiwan/Thailand.

What actually happened? I bought mine over two years ago, but Tony was very on top of my order. Their frames are are deuce, but that's what your get for steel sourced and welded in Taiwan/Thailand.
Do you post elsewhere? That name looks really familiar...

But yeah, IRO used to have a pretty good rep for customer service.

Also, http://www.irofixedgear.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=96 is a pretty sweet deal if it actually comes w/ the Phil hubs (I'm not sure what the make of that wheelset description).

tony, or a proxy on his behalf, has been selling them for $499 + shipping on ebay for months, which i assume is part of the reason the frameset i put a deposit on was sold. i've seen pretty much every other one out there go between $400-550 shipped, so i ballparked it off that.

comparing it to a mark v, its a much nicer frame, better looking dropouts and a nicer fork. plus, the limited run never hurts anything. i still wish it was my size as it would be my my winter assault vehicle.

ya the iro just isnt my cup of tea