Bicyclettes

canice

Damn. Supplies'd they didn't get the post/seat, front wheel, and light.

few more seconds & fork'd be gone too (threadless?)

condolensces

just got back from NAHBS. the show was kind of underwhelming, but there were some amazing standouts. tons of pics out there to check out.

do YOu have any pics to share !

I've considered time atacs but fuck, all the shoes are ugly as sin.

Had to see a co-worker suit up in a $30 brain bucket today, replete w/ basketball shorts, polypro tights, merino baselayer, Pendleton flannel, and cream cabled cardigan.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Fast is beautiful. I'm even okay with the neon Specialized's at this point as long as they are pulled off with panache.

Partial to Nike(RIP,) DMT, Gaerne, and Carnac. Lake is 50/50.

(brakes) "only on the left side, yeh, that's the crip side.."

What was that all about? Breaks only on the left side thing..

My friend uses poggio's in some very offensive silver mix. I still can't get over them. I mostly resort to vans authentics or my sperry chukka's because they look decent with most of the shit I wear. In summer, it's usually shorts or cropped/cuffed pants, t-shirt and shuz.

Also, what's everyone's commute like? Sometimes I bike to work (2+ hours at a casual pace with breaks) or sometimes I take the bus to a station (the transport in Toronto has bike-mounts on the front of their buses) and ride to work for about 30 minutes. I almost miss living downtown but it's such a great workout considering it used to take me less than three minutes from my old apartment.

Maybe something not as expensive as your first bike? Try finding a used fuji track frame in your size? My first bike, I'm glad I didn't spend alot on it because it was crashed and nicked and dented and eventually broken because I was learning everything on it. Skids, trackstanding, general cadence, etc.

I'm looking to get a fixie or a nice road bike for riding around town but one that can also go long distances. I'm looking into ordering one from bikes direct and building it myself but don't know what to get. Any recommendations? Or Perhaps somebody has another suggestion?

My Samson a while back:

samson

Ended up swapping out the cranks for some SSP's, and threw on a selle italia turbo because the kashimax is brutal on the nether regions.

man, everytime i see a samson i regret selling mine, even if it was a wee bit too small for me.

Sup sufu!

Bit of help if you can, please. Ive decided im going to commute to from my digs to uni via bicycle, but at the moment i have a shite mountain bike (the suspension is unbearable on road) and would like to purchase a road bike.

Right now im just after complete bikes with the option change parts blah blah.

Price at the moment doesnt matter, student loan will pay it off hahaha, if anyone could point me in the right direction, send me some site links etc. it would be hugely appreciated.

I love bent forks, they're too funny to me.

It's the result of front impact. I.E.- ramming into a wall/curb/car/woman/etc.

Fortunately nine of ten times the frame is still straight.

Joe Parkin gives great bike buying advice: buy the most bike you can afford, the one that fits you best, and the one you like the looks of; that bike will never let you down.

So sound.

so i need a new freewhel cog come spring because it's currently making mealing sounds like there is a lot of sand in it.

i'm currently only using it to commute to my university so can someone recommend me something apart from a White's Industries?

those are too expensive and i won't need something that durable as i only get little mileage out of my bike. even though i plan on changing that come spring and summer

yo xewo the iro is clean. what model/size? i was debating whether i should get that or the fuji feather.

Mark V fixed only. It's 53. Ideally, I can ride a 55 but I tend to buy bikes smaller. The only thing is you really need to sit/ride the frames before you pull the trigger. I have long arms and a long torso so they fit me pretty well. I know most of my friends can't ride my bike comfortably because of the geometry.

Singlespeed freewheels basically aren't sealed at all, so winter and spring aren't very kind to them.

Fortunately they have lube ports and are easily flushed, so try that first. If its worn anyway, Shimano if you can get it. They sound better.

you mean sound better as in louder when coasting?