Bicyclettes

canice

SUPERCONFESsioN: SO I built up my wheels, deep v's to DA LF and they are just sitting here, untensioned. I'm too lazy to finish the job because I know how frustrating truing it is and I don't have a truing stand...

LAZY AS FUC

If you give me more information about what you're looking for, i could help you out a little better.

For instance, if you're looking to build up a singlespeed/fixed gear, neither of those bikes are good options.

Have you determined your ideal size? One of those bikes is a 53cm and the other is a 56!

I'm looking to build a fixed gear.

I'm not completely positive on my ideal size since I'm sure im going to get a little taller in the next year or so. Right now I'm about 5' 8 1/2.

I also found this:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/815915179.html

Would that be a better frame for a fixed gear?

Yes, that's better for a fixed gear, but it's way too small for you. Price is way more than you need to spend for just a frame, probably.

Is there a particular reason you want to build a bike as opposed to buying one complete? Building a bike up requires some time, knowledge, and specialized tools.

I'd recommend going to a bike shop, if you can, and trying out some different bikes to get an idea of what size you are. Keep an eye on complete bikes on craigslist so you can size up and ride em before committing.

If this is going to be your first fixed gear, i'd say find a decent, well-fitting, complete bike. New or Used, doesnt matter. Get out riding ASAP and work on your skills! Then, you can start building up something custom - but you'll be able to ride in the meantime!

So while cleaning my basement today I saw a Gitane 10 speed bike in the storage room. It was my fathers from the 60's. All I know for sure is it needs new wheels/tires and possible a new gear system (dont know the right name).

I was trying to figure out what size, brand, etc. etc. to get for the parts, I was thinking about taking it to the bike shop but I have always been interested in building road bikes/fixed gear bikes.

I have built a bike but it was a ape crate esque bike. I used Schwinn parts and things of the sort but I had help from a local guy who built bikes like that,

So back to the main question, how do I figure out what size of parts to get or whatever I need to know to change the gears and wheels. Also, would it be possible to convert it to fixed gear?

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

sorry for shitty iphone pics

vitus/alan makes some dopeass frames.. track ones are so hard to find

jun takahashi's