How do you store/care for your gear?

MilSpex

Hey I got a question for you. How do you store your gear? Like especially T-shirts re: your high value ones?

I got some snap shut plastic storage boxes, like another poster has suggested before getting tees out is easier if I do them file cabinet style, on their sides. But I`m not sure if this will fuck up their prints/wrinkle em too much? Its just a bitch to get to tees without messing up the whole pile if they`re stacked. you know what i mean?

Also how do you get wrinkles out of tee shirts? I used to iron them lightly but it can fuck up some tees (esp black) but now sometimes I put them on a hanger in the bathroom before I wear em and let the shower run, steaming out the wrinkles. Anyone else do this?

I store it on a shelf and in my closet. I hang my jackets, button-ups, hoodies and vests and I stack my pants, and tshirts on the shelf.

thanks for the idea for wrinkles. if I dont have time I might do that one day.

I used to do the same as you but the humidity in Japan made me throw everything in boxes with moisture absorbing sheets.

why not just hang em up on hangers? you can always do the store fold too if you're storing them on shelves, turn so that the front is facing down, fold in sides so that they meet in middle, fold up bottom.

but i dont know about all your graphics and where they are, so some might get crinkled like that even.

didn't see that baout the humidity, things'll crease like mad from folding, your steaming method sounds good but that prob wont get crinkles out of most graphics, have you thought of purchasing a steamer for clothes, they can be accquired for around $50 I think, for a home model, and $100+ for a pro model, they are a godsend

why not just hang em up on hangers? you can always do the store fold too if you're storing them on shelves, turn so that the front is facing down, fold in sides so that they meet in middle, fold up bottom.

but i dont know about all your graphics and where they are, so some might get crinkled like that even.

didn't see that baout the humidity, things'll crease like mad from folding, your steaming method sounds good but that prob wont get crinkles out of most graphics, have you thought of purchasing a steamer for clothes, they can be accquired for around $50 I think, for a home model, and $100+ for a pro model, they are a godsend

Cant hang tees!! stretching out the neck holes is the worst thing u can do to a tee!!

I use the japanese folding technique in the video video posted a while ago.

clothes steamer sounds cool.

I didn't know you couldn't hang them because of that!!!! learn something new every day...

you could try to get grippy hangers, they make some with rubber, or even those litlle foam covers work good, my favorite, and that works the best as a hanger grip (I can hang spaghetti straps and halters on these, and they dont slip) is a yran wrapped wire hanger. I can tell you how to do the knotting if you wanna give it a shot.

I have no typing skills.....

you could try to get grippy hangers, they make some with rubber, or even those litlle foam covers work good, my favorite, and that works the best as a hanger grip (I can hang spaghetti straps and halters on these, and they dont slip) is a yran wrapped wire hanger. I can tell you how to do the knotting if you wanna give it a shot.

I have no typing skills.....

Holy shit, I`ve never heard of those. rubberised hangers are fucking brilliant! yeah I guess tee shouldnt stretch out if it doesnt slip down the hanger??

nipples in the shoulders as in the stretched bumps caused by the niches in the hangar?

yeah me too. ditto on that. There's no better way to store t-shirts than just folding them up. Same goes for wool sweaters and delicates too. Since its all pretty lightweight, I fold them up and hang em in one of these in my closet:

SKUBBBLACK5.jpg

Same goes for shoes.

I have found floors to have superior storage capabilities. Floors, or rooms, are essentially like huge boxes or drawers. There is a massive amount of space and it's easy to keep an eye on the garments since they are all in plain view and not behind any closet doors and the likes. Everything is really easy to find since you don't have to look through pathetic little drawers to find what you want.

So yeah, I use my floor. I hang my jeans on the wall.

nipples in the shoulders as in the stretched bumps caused by the niches in the hangar?

yeah me too. ditto on that. There's no better way to store t-shirts than just folding them up. Same goes for wool sweaters and delicates too. Since its all pretty lightweight, I fold them up and hang em in one of these in my closet:

SKUBBBLACK5.jpg

Same goes for shoes.

Ikea ftw!!

I had all my tees folded and stacked neatly on a shelf in my closet. I always left the closet door open and after a while I started to notice that the sun was shining through my windows into the closet and it bleached stripes in a bunch of my colored tees, like, right on the fold. That really sucked.

So, whatever you do, don't let your gear sit in the sun for extended periodsd of time.

what i do:

fold the tees back to the dustbags right after washing/drying. keep the dustbags in some sort of file cabinets. this applies to all my vsvm, nbhd, wtaps etc (basically whatever comes with dustbags will be stored back in the dustbags). cheap 20 bucks supreme tees? i toss them around at random, couldn't care less.

i find that if you fold the tees right after you tumble dry them, you can minimize wrinkles. i know that some ppl said tumble dry fucks up print etc, but that has never been an issue to me. in fact i like the fitted feel once the tees shrink from the tumble dry process

I had all my tees folded and stacked neatly on a shelf in my closet. I always left the closet door open and after a while I started to notice that the sun was shining through my windows into the closet and it bleached stripes in a bunch of my colored tees, like, right on the fold. That really sucked.

So, whatever you do, don't let your gear sit in the sun for extended periodsd of time.

Not much chance of that happening in the UK. And I'm a vampire, so any periods of excessive sun result in me closing the curtains.

T's folded right away, minimizes creases and wrinkles. When using fabric softener and dryer sheets and wearing them the creases disappear. T's and knits never hang. Only hang button ups and jackets. Jeans hung on hanger fastened to the wall. Pants folded or through a thick hanger so not to crease.

Washing, everything on delicate cycle with special detergents. Dry super low heat and take out damp. I prefer no dryer at all sometimes.

I have found floors to have superior storage capabilities. Floors, or rooms, are essentially like huge boxes or drawers. There is a massive amount of space and it's easy to keep an eye on the garments since they are all in plain view and not behind any closet doors and the likes. Everything is really easy to find since you don't have to look through pathetic little drawers to find what you want.

So yeah, I use my floor. I hang my jeans on the wall.

word. and when the floor is getting too dirty you can use a chair or any other object suitable for throwing clothes on.