APC popped up on Hypebeast?!? Is the end near??

Guest thing4kicks86

Guest thing4kicks86

Was browsing the all popular hypebeast today and guess what I find; my new favorite denim company (thanks to all u superfuture gurus), A.P.C. Kinda upset because things posted on Hypebeast seemed to be picked up by those just because. Was really glad I learned of the brand and history of selvedge denim (thanks SF), but now I'm kinda bummed it might get "raped" by the general public, similar to how some of you die-hard Evisu fans are upset at the recent "rapper explosion", which equaled increased production and a not-so-quality product . Will A.P.C. suffer the same fate??

3 Questions:

+ Is this the end of the somewhat "no-interest / non-knowledge or exclusivity" of the brand??

+ Is this denim going to end up on every "cool kid" in America??

+ A.P.C campouts?? *LOL*

If I'm just tired and posting random shit at work, excuse my boredom. Just a thought.

Johnny Depp was name checking APCs in magazines at least 10 or 12 years ago. It's hardly an obscure brand at this point: there are APC boutiques in major cities all over the world; APC denim turns up in major, mainstream fashion magazines with no small degree of regularity; and "APC" is tacked on to eBay auction titles to attract buyers. If you like the pants, wear them. Who gives a hoot if other people like them too?

OMFG APC campouts....not good :(

Am new to selvedge denim too. I learned alot from browsing the APC denim thread and other threads out there too. Hopefully the hypebeast dont ruin it for us.

ron-e

this thread is a bit of a mind fuck

cosign.

remember that you're buying your jeans for yourself. if you like APCs, awesome. if some 15yo kid in the dunk lineup outside niketown is wearing sized-up rescues... what impact does that have on you?

not to mention it's essentially an unbranded jean in the first place, so it's never going to blow-up (too hard to brag about/show off).

Why don't you wake up and realize that Superfuture was the end of APC. Since it exploded on Superfuture, the brand is sold all over the United States, the quality has gone way down, and all kinds of e-dorks are going wild for it. Before Superfuture, APC was just a GAP-esque (albeit a notch above GAP) nondescript brand that people in France and Tokyo purchased. It's been a staple in Soho (NYC, not London) for a little while as well but nobody ever cared that it was there until Superfuture came around.

So in short, don't blame hypebeast.