perks and mini

rabka

alright so i saw their recent offerings on grandism...thought it was pretty nice. They definately were influenced by Islam, new world order conspiracy ideas, Islamic warfare....basically you've seen this aesthetic before. A lot of companies have been using this aesthetic, just look at the tee's nom de guerre sold a year or two ago (not just the arabic print). One of the co-founders of Nom de Guerre was persian so that made sense. Does anyone know anything about the people behind Perks and Mini?

Their shirts have very strong Islamic references. The caligraphy is definately Quranic and it does touch upon very sensitive issues regarding the state of Muslim affairs. I am a little worried that these companies are taking this too far. It is one thing to use some sort of lifestyle or mode of existence as an influence, and it is also one thing shed light on these issues. But, using such strong imagery without any true foundation or beliefs of Islam and the politics surrounding it, i believe, is wrong.

perks and mini is super talented (graphically). as far as like, constructing interesting garments, i'm not so sure. the kuffiyeh hood is retarded. it just seems so "forced."

but they make compelling 2d graphics. i'd say along with surface 2 air, they're the only people making interesting t-shirts right now.

i'd be interested to know what the shirts say, in arabic. they obviously say something.

perks and mini is super talented (graphically). as far as like, constructing interesting garments, i'm not so sure. the kuffiyeh hood is retarded. it just seems so "forced."

but they make compelling 2d graphics. i'd say along with surface 2 air, they're the only people making interesting t-shirts right now.

i'd be interested to know what the shirts say, in arabic. they obviously say something.

ever notice that surface2air american tees have been shitty, while the french line is still great?

alright so i saw their recent offerings on grandism...thought it was pretty nice. They definately were influenced by Islam, new world order conspiracy ideas, Islamic warfare....basically you've seen this aesthetic before. A lot of companies have been using this aesthetic, just look at the tee's nom de guerre sold a year or two ago (not just the arabic print). One of the co-founders of Nom de Guerre was persian so that made sense. Does anyone know anything about the people behind Perks and Mini?

Their shirts have very strong Islamic references. The caligraphy is definately Quranic and it does touch upon very sensitive issues regarding the state of Muslim affairs. I am a little worried that these companies are taking this too far. It is one thing to use some sort of lifestyle or mode of existence as an influence, and it is also one thing shed light on these issues. But, using such strong imagery without any true foundation or beliefs of Islam and the politics surrounding it, i believe, is wrong.

I mean everythings been done before. Supreme did an arabic box logo about 5 years back, W)Taps put arabic name plates on some BDU jackets 5 or 6 years ago...nothing new in streetwear but yeah basing your entire line on it without having any connection to the Islamic culture seems weak.

I liked some bags PAM did once, but the brand is nothing special imo. Perks has got the connections with OneGram in Japan so his stuff got large soon. I`m Australian so I should support it but I cant get behind something I dont really love.