Help! De-smellifying.

simonlondon

(I'm sorry if this is one of those threads that comes up every week, but I couldn't find a good answer from searching..)

So I have been wearing these raw jeans for about 4 months...I really don't want to wash them as they are just starting to look amazing, but after some pretty dutty nights out they smell terrible..what do people use to clean/disguise this? Some kind of spray?

I tried hanging them up outside..kind of got rid of the smoke smell, but they still smell like sweat/puke haha.

On a related note:

I just then washed my imperial dukes at 3 months (photos soon...) because I couldn't stand the smell anymore. I aired them pretty regularly, and used febreeze a couple of times. But the smell lingered.

The thing is though, I have lasted a lot longer with other jeans (worn similarly regularly etc) and they haven't smelt as bad as these dukes. I had a pair of levis that, at 7 months of 5-6 days a week wear, hardly smelt at all.

Do you guys think that some denims hold smell more than others?

On a related note:

I just then washed my imperial dukes at 3 months (photos soon...) because I couldn't stand the smell anymore. I aired them pretty regularly, and used febreeze a couple of times. But the smell lingered.

The thing is though, I have lasted a lot longer with other jeans (worn similarly regularly etc) and they haven't smelt as bad as these dukes. I had a pair of levis that, at 7 months of 5-6 days a week wear, hardly smelt at all.

Do you guys think that some denims hold smell more than others?

Of course. Probably depends on the weight of the denim, selvedge v. not, and probably more

(I'm sorry if this is one of those threads that comes up every week, but I couldn't find a good answer from searching..)

So I have been wearing these raw jeans for about 4 months...I really don't want to wash them as they are just starting to look amazing, but after some pretty dutty nights out they smell terrible..what do people use to clean/disguise this? Some kind of spray?

I tried hanging them up outside..kind of got rid of the smoke smell, but they still smell like sweat/puke haha.

i use water, natural detergent(ive found seventh generation is a good one), and a washing machine. takes the smell right out.:D

I know how you can not make your jeans smell after months and months.. after a wash (or a new pair), wear your jeans as you would normally.. avoid sweating in them (or doing excercise in them to get wear). Also, without exercise, the jeans stay odor free.. Just make sure you change your boxers/underwear daily, cause that will also keep the crotchal region fresh.. otherwise the odors start to build up... I mean comon guys, whats more important, your hygiene, or your jeans? (I know most ppl will probably say jeans actually :rolleyes:)... anyways, follow these steps for an odorless pair of jeans

I find that a relatively regular hand washing with very light soap in very cold water with very little agitation (inside out), then hang dry until just slightly damp, followed by about 30 minutes of wear to reset creases keeps them smelling fresh. I have never had any indigo loss in the water to speak of. You gotta wash yer pants man. The grubby look just does not cut it for grown ups.