AMERICAN APPARELL?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Why is it so, so hated. Never really like the stuff. Shrinks way too much, and its way too thin, but its comfortable fabric.

Why are some people so hateful towards it?

• 2 years later...

i love AA, i mean sometimes they fuck stuff up and it sucks but they have always made it right in the end, i run a clothing company and 95% of what i use is from them, so they get a lot of my money! for how much volume they do they make a good product and their fit is right on!

i dislike them because of their business model. it pretty much encourages workers to work as fast as they can without much quality control, which is evident in their garmets.

in summary, its over priced for what it offers. its not only selling the shirt but the image and i think thats just stupid.

their quality control isn't always the best :( but running a clothing company myself i know how that is sometimes and im running on like a 1/1000 scale of them. they have always made things right with me.

and as far as wholesale goes they aren't that expensive, i will glady pay $.50-$1 more per shirt cause it's made in the USA. i like that i can say all my clothing is made here and is sweatshop free

AA just has a lot of dumb shit mixed in with the good stuff.

I like their cuts, and they're not THAT overpriced, it's worth it. I only buy shirts though, that's it.

They do have one thing over H&M though, if your looking for a color, I mean a specific color AA has it no matter what. Thats one of the only reasons I like their t's, but as far as quality goes i think there pretty shitty for the $.

15-18 dollars for a teeshirt is pretty fucking cheap.

I have a lot of aa stuff- well over a 50 tees from them- never had a problem with "quality", they wash fine given you hang them up and don't dry them in a dryer. (which should be a practice with all of your clothing)

Although brown and heathergrey v necks are really fucking tight- like a small fits like an xxs, donno why.

I think aa is good for what it is.. Its basic .. The cuts are decent and the quality is not teribble but not great .. As for looking at individual pieces of the AA line, all clothing companies have some shit pieces to them..I myself perfer AA over h&m Just my two cents

15-18 dollars for a teeshirt is pretty fucking cheap.

I have a lot of aa stuff- well over a 50 tees from them- never had a problem with "quality", they wash fine given you hang them up and don't dry them in a dryer. (which should be a practice with all of your clothing)

Although brown and heathergrey v necks are really fucking tight- like a small fits like an xxs, donno why.

I never understood this either thought it was just me. I know I should hang stuff up to dry, but space is usually a problem so i just throw it all in the dryer.

Guest StuckOnStupid

i would rather buy 10 white tees and 10 black tees for $2 per shirt total, and throw them out after one wear (or maybe use them as undershirts or sleeping shirts after a wear) than buy 2 damn AA shirts. white tshirts look like shit after one or 2 wears anyway, all ring around the collar and that yellow sweat tinge. gross.

stuckonstupid speaks truthfully.

also, whoever's clothing dissolves after 3 washes must be washing their clothes in an industrial machine filled with hydrochloric acid and stingray semen.

also, whoever's american apparel shit is shrinking that much obviously didn't listen when their mother tried teaching them how to care for clothing.

also, fuck this thread, mother fucker, fuck your mother, fuck your brother,

he's gotta die like john tucker. ya dig?

i dislike them because of their business model. it pretty much encourages workers to work as fast as they can without much quality control, which is evident in their garmets.

in summary, its over priced for what it offers. its not only selling the shirt but the image and i think thats just stupid.

i work at the factory in los angeles. if you saw the smiles on everyone working there compaired to other garment workers in los angeles, you would cry. ask the kids that make your designer clothes in China and India if they would like to have subsidized lunches, healthcare for thier whole family for 75 bucks a month, weekly massages, work under natural light with a beautiful view of los angeles, and a long list of other benifits. If you ever become CEO of a company that grows as quick as american apparel, come talk to me about quality control, i would love to know your secrets.

in other words you're too naive to understand the social issues behind the garment industry. so grow up and get a clue.

what business doesn't encourage their workers to work as fast as they can?

its not only selling the shirt but the image and i think thats just stupid.

successfully selling an image is what separates a good company from a great company.

i work at the factory in los angeles. if you saw the smiles on everyone working there compaired to other garment workers in los angeles, you would cry. ask the kids that make your designer clothes in China and India if they would like to have subsidized lunches, healthcare for thier whole family for 75 bucks a month, weekly massages, work under natural light with a beautiful view of los angeles, and a long list of other benifits. If you ever become CEO of a company that grows as quick as american apparel, come talk to me about quality control, i would love to know your secrets.

in other words you're too naive to understand the social issues behind the garment industry. so grow up and get a clue.

i really, really like you for laying out these things clearly and basically shitting on anyone who gives AA bullshit. i may have sounded like I hate AA, but i don't. what i definitely do hate is people talking about their business model without understanding the nature of business and the apparel industry.