@ringring - Levi's with painted "arcuate stitching"

Hi!

I read a post yesterday where you were wondering if any Levi's has painted arcs, but I couldn't find the thread...

Levi's Europe has three premium lines: Levi's Blue, Vintage and Levi's Red. Levi's Red has had painted arcs the last two seasons (this spring and last fall), you can check them out on the european Levi's site. These models also have a very unusual selvage where there is approximately 4" of extra cloth on both sides that are folded and stitched together - so on the outer side of the leg you have a double layer of denim. I dunno if that made any sense but I suppose I can get hold of a digital camera and send you pics if you'd like.

æLÆn

If there aren't any dumb questions, does stupid people get smart just in time to ask a question?

Here is the new Levi's Red. http://levis.wear.jp/item.asp?item_dat_id=5834 They look pretty awesome! I will be going to San Francisco to buy a pair, hopefully they will have them! The 1944 Levis vintage Clothing jeans had painted articulates too. Like these:

http://levis.wear.jp/item.asp?item_dat_id=5834

eb_1_b.JPG

I'm not illiterate, I just can't type!

1112216788617_lee1.JPG

i must warn you the levi's store in NY dont have good selection though... not sure how SF fares compared to NY usually. but in any case, the last time i checked selvedge in NY, which supposedly carries the higher end levis, they only have this selvedge edge levi's red with patches all over, apart from all the LVC stuff you can find on levi's website. i dont seem to notice the pair from that above link

Quote:

Hi!

I read a post yesterday where you were wondering if any Levi's has painted arcs, but I couldn't find the thread...

Levi's Europe has three premium lines: Levi's Blue, Vintage and Levi's Red. Levi's Red has had painted arcs the last two seasons (this spring and last fall), you can check them out on the european Levi's site. These models also have a very unusual selvage where there is approximately 4" of extra cloth on both sides that are folded and stitched together - so on the outer side of the leg you have a double layer of denim. I dunno if that made any sense but I suppose I can get hold of a digital camera and send you pics if you'd like.

æLÆn

--- Original message by The Norwegian Vote on Mar 23, 2005 12:02 PM

Hey Norwegian

Thanks a lot for the info. That's very kind of you.

I think I posted that I had not seen a genuine WW2 501 with painted arcuates in the flesh (I've seen them in photos). Otherwise I've seen them in LVC, Red etc.