Is anyone doing a shopping service for the US?

Guest Berget__

Guest Berget__

Because if there aren't. Someone should do it! A lot of US online shops refuse to ship outside of the US. And even if they do they most likely wont be willing to mark down the value of the package to avoid taxes. I live in Sweden and taxes on stuff from the US is about 40%... Plus the prices on stuff from USA are mad here in Sweden. I saw some recon tees go for 70$ on caliroots...as opposed to 27$ on reconstore.com. Anyway, if anyone is willing to do something like this. Let me know. I'll probably need some help in the future.

I'm sure someone can help you out, I've used some friends in the past to do the same. taxes here in Finland are about the same, almosty everything marked about $100 goes to customs.

if I order something straight and it goes to customs my usual way is to make a fake invoice with like half to prices or less and say something like "they probably marked the max insured value on the customs label or something cause it definately wasn't that much". the clerk ladies there are usually clueless enough to buy it ;)

tax is 25% not 40.

what about customs charges? here the tax is 22% and customs charges depend on the product, but for clothing its like 13-15%, and the system works so that shipping charges are included in the value of the item so you pay taxes for them too, which I think is pretty obnoxious..

All I'm wondering is, how much is shipping from Los Angeles to Sweden. Haha, I don't think I wanna know.

umm about $7 for a t-shirt via priority airmail, $20-25 for a pair of sneakers and so on. nothing that crazy imo..

what about customs charges? here the tax is 22% and customs charges depend on the product, but for clothing its like 13-15%, and the system works so that shipping charges are included in the value of the item so you pay taxes for them too, which I think is pretty obnoxious.

Its the same here. 25% tax and 12% customs charge for clothing.

I've been doing this for months now. People have been pm'ing me and I have shipped to Europe, Canada, Asia and Australia. Stuff they buy online just delivered to my US address then I do the forwarding, or sometimes they will paypal me and I will do the actual credit card check out (if they only accept US credit cards). I should prolly move from under the radar operation to Starbucks mass market style. Even thinking of setting up my website. In the meantime...pm away folks!

Its the same here. 25% tax and 12% customs charge for clothing.

ok thats what I was guessing too..

the shipping thing is just the essence of the bureaucracy and idiotic thinking here, supposedly it belongs to "the value of the product" which is bullshit. the additional shipping price is already a "fine" caused by the fact that you cant get the product in your country.

darkanimal picked me up a pair of shoes and everything went perfectly. I think he actually sought, bought and shipped them within the same day I e-mailed him in the first place :P

if darkanimal's too busy i'd be happy to do any mailorders, as i'd like to make a little money while i'm in medschool. as always, i ship with the quickness, paypal verified (202). i've never run into any custom's problems using EMS and i've shipped hundreds of orders to everywhere around the world. i'm also good at finding shit. haha.

Not very much. The USPS is the cheapest and most efficient postal service in the world, hands down.

when i was in spain i sent a package to an aunt in mexico, and it took 2 months for her to get it. in my many months in mexico i have only seen one mailman so i assume it was in the receiving side that took too long.

when i was in spain i sent a package to an aunt in mexico, and it took 2 months for her to get it. in my many months in mexico i have only seen one mailman so i assume it was in the receiving side that took too long.

Mexico is one of the few places where you cannot buy insurance for what you are shipping. I asked the clerk and they said that over 50% of the packages to Mexico are stolen.

darkanimal can handle the NYC area..

i am more than willing to do the LA area, there is tons of shopping to be done here, including a pretty damn good dior store.

i've helped out a handful of sfers before, but as far as supreme to get mass quantities of shit.

before anyone asks, if you do want anything from supreme it HAS to be a medium, small, and sometimes XL (i do buy stuff for my friend that they know, so they are cool with it)

i know basically every damn shop in the LA area, of any styles of clothing (i wear everything from supreme to april 77 to vintage to marc jacobs.. so let me know.

i charge 10% of whatever it is, 20% for supreme/union/undefeated..

basically just PM me, i check my PMs religiously..

let me know what you want, i'll call, check if they have it, go pick it up, ship day the payment is recieved.

i can also do online orders.. i'm pretty sure me and darkanimal can run this place for US orders for anybody.

This is awesome, SF mafia style. the more the merrier! Good to know poopie boy, maybe one day I might need something from LA too. Yeah I've been going to Supreme as well, but I call ahead for prices and stock. If Supreme NYC don't have 'em chances are LA will.

• 1 month later...

mike, did you get hit with anything when I sent you the bag?

For anyone interested, I'm running the same kind of service for puchasing stuff in London and the UK... costs are very low, I pretty much just add 4% for Paypal and round up a little. Have access to all sorts of pretty fun stuff, like Hideout, DSM, Selfridges etc. I'm gonna launch in full when I get back from Paris (anyone want anything from Paris? Heh) in January, but if people have any requests I can probably get a few more packages out this side of Christmas

nope, no customs or charges in the EU. plus I'm pretty sure people from outside the EU can get around it too if the value is just marked at something like $50. thats how I do if I'm getting something from USA, Japan etc, customs doesn't pick it up and if they do, I just print a made up paypal invoice with the payment at €50 :o

Spike is a trustworthy guy and operates very quickly, so I definately suggest using him for London pickups!

icon14.gif