Denim in Singapore

tweeds

Hi, I'm kinda new here.

Wanna find out where can I get April 77 in Singapore?

Besides that shop in Heeren.

Does any shop at Haji lane carry April 77?

Any other brands of skinnies to introduce besides cheap mondays?

Just can't get enough of Aprils...

Hi, I'm kinda new here.

Wanna find out where can I get April 77 in Singapore?

Besides that shop in Heeren.

Does any shop at Haji lane carry April 77?

Any other brands of skinnies to introduce besides cheap mondays?

Just can't get enough of Aprils...

I think A77's are only available at QC (in Heeren) here. Not sure if they can be found anywhere else.

You could check out Julian Reds at KnowItNothing (Haji) or Nudie Slims at Nordic (Ang Siang) too... though those aren't exactly skinnies.

IMO, Julian Red Hoboken make great skinnies, and they have better denim than Aprils. Also, I'm really liking Ksubi for skinnies as well. My washed joeys are one of my favorite pairs.

any idea where I can get them here on our sunny island?

would like to physically try them on for size. heh..

Yeah the washed joey were really great when i first got them...but they have stetched so much...working with my Hobo sugars now... still trying to get used to the fit...wld like the no wash though.

IMO, Julian Red Hoboken make great skinnies, and they have better denim than Aprils. Also, I'm really liking Ksubi for skinnies as well. My washed joeys are one of my favorite pairs.

299 for the raws, 319 for pre-washed.

Yup. that's correct. Just got back from there. tried on the Slim Kim.. I think I'm in love... going to buy that later. lol...

THIS IS LATER.

Bought the Slim Kim! Fell in love with it after I slipped it on... omg...

I thought there was a survey done and it was in fact not distributed to the waiting staff?

In fact they should get rid of GST. Hong Kong does not have it and they are resistant to such taxes.

im pretty sure that service charge was implemented because of the fact that singaporeans are kiasu. So the intended reason for service charge was for it to serve as a "forced tip", but because of the fact that we never ever had a tipping culture anyway, the waiting staff probably never bothered to ask for the slight raise (since they should've been the ones to benefit from the service charge), resulting in the restaurants absorbing the 10 percent.

but i might be wrong. you'd have to correlate historical waiting staff wage prices with the implementation of service charge to really see if service charge actually worked the way it was intended to or not.

fuck the tax

There's a decent article in Time Out Singapore on service in Singapore, and they mentioned that the service charge is usually used by the restaurants for uniforms, training, "team sessions," anything BUT distributed to the staff. Tips are usually distributed to waiting staff and some amount to a "generous" $100 a month (each I hope!). Personally I feel there's a discrepency in the way service charges are used since uniforms and trainings are considered investments by the restaurant, and if 80% of your waiting staff are part-timers, they hardly benefit from said "uniforms and training."

Anyway just wanted to mention it since this was brought up and I was reading TOS on the train this morning. Err yeah, on with the denim.

i did have a short chat with the people at front row. the reason as to why there was a $20 jack in price was due to the price increase at the paris store and also to increasing freight charges. so it's bo bian that the price has to go up up up.

also be sure to watch out for cosmic wonder at front row in september. :)

There's a decent article in Time Out Singapore on service in Singapore, and they mentioned that the service charge is usually used by the restaurants for uniforms, training, "team sessions," anything BUT distributed to the staff. Tips are usually distributed to waiting staff and some amount to a "generous" $100 a month (each I hope!). Personally I feel there's a discrepency in the way service charges are used since uniforms and trainings are considered investments by the restaurant, and if 80% of your waiting staff are part-timers, they hardly benefit from said "uniforms and training."

Anyway just wanted to mention it since this was brought up and I was reading TOS on the train this morning. Err yeah, on with the denim.

I remember an article where a waiter in Morton's of Chicago got a fat tip because the customer was happy or clinched a big deal. He or she got like $1000. This was not given to the restaurant I think but to the staff directly. I think thats the way to go.

Anyway uniforms are operating expenses and should not be dependent on tips. Does it mean if tips are bad, staff would wear hand me downs?

guys, i'm sorry if this has been asked before, but where can i find american apparel tees here in singapore? i'm sure there's other places besides urban junkie at fep.

also, what do you guys think of AA? i'm looking for plain tees with a slim and not too long cut similar to topman, which has shitty quality.

I heard of another shop in town that carries AA and has a bigger variety, but the name and location escapes me, sorry. Someone else will probably chip in with the right answer.

I don't find AA shirts particularly slim but it depends on your build and preference. On me (I'm 1.65m), the sleeves are fine but the lengths are just a tad long. I still like them though--soft and good for local weather.

uniqlo and G2000blu work for me. uniqlos are thinner and my preferred choice...but the cut is just a touch off. still forgiveable though. thanks plongin for the tip--will go look at the bossini stuff.

did anyone else buy those 50%-discount white and grey plain pima cotton roundnecks from the ck sale? i know whizkit did...and then i saw one in a pile and had to get it as well.

I heard of another shop in town that carries AA and has a bigger variety, but the name and location escapes me, sorry. Someone else will probably chip in with the right answer.

I don't find AA shirts particularly slim but it depends on your build and preference. On me (I'm 1.65m), the sleeves are fine but the lengths are just a tad long. I still like them though--soft and good for local weather.

Quintessential at the Mandarin might have some AA stuff. But I doubt it's the store you have in mind - the variety there is smaller than at Urban Junkie.

AA tees are reasonably long. But it boils down to preference - I like my tees long and slim, so never had problems with AA.

Quintessential at the Mandarin might have some AA stuff. But I doubt it's the store you have in mind - the variety there is smaller than at Urban Junkie.

If that's the only other store in Orchard, then that's probably it, and I was mistaken about the range :o