Skull 5010xx 36 leg petition thread

seenmy

Ok so lets start it up,I just became the proud owner of a pair of skull 5010 xx and they are truely fantastic,cut is great and and quality high teamed with amazing customer service,now the only gripe i have and a few other have also expresed is the lack of a 36 inch leg on the 5010xx models.

shinichi said this could be a future possibility if there was suitable demand so i guess post your interest here and lets try get some 5010xx with 36 inseams.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been interested in japanese denim for some time now, but have always been turned away due to two factors. first being the vintage cuts, though they are classic and all, i just dont have the body type to fill it (6'2 and 148lbs). second is the lack of length. i understand that samurai, ricksons etc. have 36 inseams, but the cut becomes an issue.

enter skull jeans. they have 36 iseams. they have slim cuts. they have selvage. but the 36 inseam only comes in a damn zipper fly model (or a full cut)!

i truly hope that they pick up on a 36 inch inseam on the 5010xx.

i hope more are interested than just seenmy and myself. shinichi help us out!!!!!

Guest jeffvyain

the majority of their market is japanese people, who are generally kinda stubby. not a bad move on their end, unless we prove that we are a good enough size of market for them to change. i personally don't think we are.

seenmy san,

thank you for the thread.

it's very interesting.

I have a basic question.

about almost jeans of the brand of Europe and America ,

do they have usually inseam 36 or more?

hey this is a good lobbying thread!! SF used for a useful purpose.

Hi Shinichi,

Most of the big brands do a 36 inseam option in Europe and US.

Of course, Levis, Lee and Wrangler in US, and then in Europe, Nudie, Diesel , G-Star etc. (worth mentioning because of the volume of sales they make).

Schinichi san, you can also get the Edwin jeans made for European market in 36 length, under the more familiar European sizing system (32 x 32, 34 x 34, 36 x 36 etc).

My opinion is, if the denim is dry / selvedge, the "final" length should actually be closer to 37 because repeated washings and dryings actually do continue to shrink the jeans. Better too long and not too short for the 36 length option, IMO.

I would be interested in whichever of the Skulls is like the 55 501 repro fit (if there is one)

yeah, i think apcs standard inseam even on tiny waists is something like 35 inchs,i mean sizing like 30x36 or 31 36 are a bit rarer even in euroup and us as i guess the average european man whos 6 ft plus isnt like 10 stone,but seems a lot of guys on here are slim and tall so i think there is a demand for it,and especially with the fit we are all getting from the skulls.

at 6;4 im not finding the 5010xx to short to wear, but as preference on slimmer jeans i like some gathering at the bottom,so if a limited run of 36 inseams were to be done it be great,im sure with correct publicity on here a small run of raw 36 inseam 5010xx would not be hard to sell .

Shinichi san,

I think Dior Homme jeans are very popular and hip in America, Europe and Japan, especially slim 19cm model. Dior jeans come with 37" inseam and they give a very nice bunched up look wich so many here, myself including, like very much.

We have a joke on this board about DiorXEternal jeans, but it is more that a joke because many of us would like to have slim jeans fitting similar to Dior but made from the best quality Japanese denim and in Japanese jeans making tradition wich Skull jeans represent so well. I would order your 5010XX model long time ago if they were available in 36-37 inseam.

Arigatoi!

humhum.

you all message is very helpful:)

I want to some research.

What is everyone's necessary size(tagging size)?

and, your body height? body weight?

I need a lot of data;)

Guest jeffvyain

i'll participate for data collection purposes.

6'1 165lbs. usually wear size 30 in most jeans, though i have a 32 waist. i'd be interested in at least a 35 inch inseam. again, 36 is about perfect.

We are examining post-shrink 36.

Because regular 5010XX is usually only one-wash.

if you want non-wash(RAW), we should be examining 5010XX 6x6.

but firstly we need the opinion about regular 5010XX.

Will that be all right?

I will negotiate the creation of 36' inseam to my boss next week.

this project tentatively called "SF'er limited edition":D

I want the last few opinions.

Q1. Which version do you like?

A: 5010XX (one-wash) 36' inseam

B: 5010XX 6x6 (non-wash) 37.5' inseam (maybe post-shrink 36')

C: 5010XX 6x6 (non-wash) 36' inseam

D: 5010XX 6x6 (one-wash) 36' inseam

Q2. Is the size of the waist good by 29 inches or more?

Please tell me your opinion without holding back:)

no, the 36 length is POST-shrinkage for those people who asked.

Hi Shinichi - San,

Here are my thoughts

When jeans are slim fit, the inseam must actually be longer than 36 final length.

For example, Dior jeans.

I would say:

"Option 2, non wash" - BUT i think the unwashed inseam length needs to be more like 40, in my opinion. For example, a pair of raw Levis Vintage with a 40 inseam, shrinks from 40 inseam to approximately 36 - 37 inseam final length.

I think and (at least in my opinion) anyone 6-2 and above would probably agree that at that height there is no such thing as jeans that are too long on the inseam.

Then we would be able to wash in hot water, when the time is right, and there is no need to worry about too much shrinkage.

P.S. I will be your "product tester", so you can send me a pair and I will give you my valuable feedback on the long-length sizing, without my usual fee. ;)

yea,basically if it was the case of these being a smaller raw 5010xx run i would be prepared to pay extra for a big inseam on them,as i understand it will involve you guys at skull changing the design a bit,but i would really really love to own skulls with a huge inseam like on my diors,36-38 on a 31 waist would be amazing.

so shinichi if you fancy doing a custom batch for us SF im sure you could fill up a order sheet,

I would be interested in a pair of 36"L 5010XX regular assuming a 29" waist would be ok on me (sorry haven't studied up much on sizing of the Skulls yet, but was interested.)

I'm only 175cm tall, about 60kg. I am still interested in the 36"L because I just want lots of anklestacking and something with a bit more weight than Diors, in indigo. :)

I agree 100% with sneakeraddict, the 36" inseam flatheads I have meet my shoes when standing, but expose 2-3 inches of sock when sitting down. A raw 40" inseam would allow people like myself to get some ankle stacking for the first time. Not to mention anyone wanted them shorter could always get them hemmed.

I was going to order a pair of 5010xx 6x6 tomorrow but I think I'll pass, longer inseam is worth waiting for.

I would like the D option. (5010XX 6x6 (one-wash) 36' inseam) in size 29"

"Option 2, non wash" - BUT i think the unwashed inseam length needs to be more like 40, in my opinion. For example, a pair of raw Levis Vintage with a 40 inseam, shrinks from 40 inseam to approximately 36 - 37 inseam final length.

humhum.

I calculated shrinkage.

shrinkage is about 4% 91.44cm -> 95.09cm

shrinkage after one-wash about +2cm -> 97.09cm (38.22 inch)

so non-wash seam need the length of at least 39-40 to post-shrink 36.

I see. Thanks sneakeraddict:)

so shinichi if you fancy doing a custom batch for us SF im sure you could fill up a order sheet,

I am planning it a small way;)

humhum.

I calculated shrinkage.

shrinkage is about 4% 91.44cm -> 95.09cm

shrinkage after one-wash about +2cm -> 97.09cm (38.22 inch)

so non-wash seam need the length of at least 39-40 to post-shrink 36.

I see. Thanks sneakeraddict:)

I am planning it a small way;)

You're welcome. Its good that we can have input. :)

P.S. I like to wear 36 waist for comfortable fit for me.

Oh no... I am scared now, I may soon have to have order more Japanese denim and this is not good for my VISA card....!!

But the thought of a 'tall person's" Skull Jeans "Samurai Contest" sounds too good to be resist!! ;)

so maybe you put a Skull with long legs on the back pocket logo... haha

If this happens, you guys realize it will solidify us as the single most powerfull internet message board dedicated to pants. You can deffinatly put me down for a pair of 29" waist, extra long inseam. does anyone have a link to the size chart so I can double check the waist?

Oh and if this turns into a skull jeans "contest"..... It's ON!!