Heater method

teeohen

if its a sanforized denim its not going to shrink much at all, and even then it will stretch back out again with no problem.

if its a shrink to fit type fabric, why not just apply water to the seat area with something like a sponge, to really saturate it. then just just let them dry in the sun, or if it was my pair I would throw them into a hot dryer alone til theyre dry.

a lot of people here DONT dry their jeans, but thats just what i would do

definitely dont stick them in the oven! a home oven doesnt have enough air circulation, so there is a very good chance that your jeans will get singed at the edges! industrially, ovens are used to process jeans.. but these are GIANT ovens with fans inside to keep the air constantly moving.

good luck!

Hey guys cool out on the oven. Don't put your jeans in the oven your not making skrinky dinks here. maybe experiment with water and a blow dryer if you must but the oven is a bad idea. Just let them be, love them, wear them, maybe you could grow your bum out to fit them, but that could be a vicous cycle.

my boy told me to spray areas that i want to shrink with water (from the inside preferably), then throw them in the oven at 200 degrees so 10-20 mins. check on them to make sure they arent too close to the heating element

OH DAMN!....never thought of that.. baking ur raw denim too cooked denim!..while at it bake some muffins.

DUbbodubbiedub.

There's a thread that I contributed to before about spot shrinking jeans:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=16088&highlight=spot+shrinking

But it was the whole waist and seat, not just the backpocket side.