Reggae / Dub

cprotch

i liked it sometimes... its not reggae at all. its real raw, like sitting in a room with a bunch of 80yr old rastas beating drums and singing hymns. good for relaxing.

i dont have it anymore... wish i did, but i doubt id ever buy it again.

Sounds interesting. I looked it up after seeing your first post and it seems like your review is about the same as most people's. Looks like it's for the true Rastas.

one word: MIDNITE

not jamaican (st. croix), but the best rootsreggae out there.

also:

peter broggs

israel vibrations

Yes, also Scientist.

• 1 month later...

Thank ya thank ya...

I was able to catch Ziggys concert here in the Philippines... Bastard sucked I must say. I mean, half of the songs he sang were Bobs. Which was good.

But it didnt have the whole reggae feel... Wasnt very warm.

Just left after he was done. Everyone was waiting around for an encore, me and my bro were waiting for Redemption Song, but nothing.

Oh yea... Katchafiya from N.Z. are good.

marleys are overrated... even the father. tosh and bunny were better musicians than bob, but were too black for international stardom.

Whoooooooooa...

Stephen, Damian, Kymani? overrated too? ay yi yi...

• 5 months later...

I always try to get into Reggae...but it seems like whatever I check out has the same sound....whats the name of that drum they use? i get tired of hearing that

Any suggestions on stuff that doesnt sound like the typical Reggae song one might hear? I find myself listening to DUB more than Reggae

I always try to get into Reggae...but it seems like whatever I check out has the same sound....whats the name of that drum they use? i get tired of hearing that

Any suggestions on stuff that doesnt sound like the typical Reggae song one might here? I find myself listening to DUB more than Reggae

get Johnny Greenwood is the Controller. hand selected reggae, dub, jamaican-soul comp he did. great stuff too. check it out, its probably the best comp i've heard in years.

pressure drop is one of my favorite songs.

okay so for some reason i've recently started listening to all this reggae, dub, dancehall and...

i completely forgot about matisyahu (yes, matisyahu).

i mean his main claim to fame is being an orthodox jewish reggae artist, but his music is completely legit.

i could listen to king without a crown all day, as well as jerusalem. the songs that weren't mainstream were amazing too.

and barrington levy ALL DAY for dancehall. his voice is amazing, and so are his "shoodeewoowop"s