Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

when i was at the dior homme store in LA i asked the guy if the grey dauphin jean if it's raw and the snooty manager said it's NOT. he said it's been washed and treated. seriously i hate going to snooty beverly hills boutiques...too bad they're the only ones that carry all the small sizes...

I tried on a pair of the 19cm mij over the weekend at the San Francisco Saks. Wow, these are really nice. Definitely going to pick up a pair when I can afford it.

I was surprised with the sizing though. I tried on a 30 and 31 when I normally wear 32 waist, but I could get both on very easily. Mayble I'll consider a 29 waist when I get them.

How strained were your guys' jeans? I'm sitting in a pair of size 29 19cms that I've broken in for a week and the clasp is clearly under duress when I sit down. I'm wearing them at my hips, wear a size 30 in APC NS but probably should have gotten 29s, I'm 6'0", 154 lbs. Should I size up?

cpaik..theyre going to stretch.like i've posted on this thread before,i could barely button mine in the begining,and now i've got an inch to spare,im a little shorter than you,but got a size 30.

I tried on the black selvedge mij at the boutique in L.A..and they are amazing...a slightly different cut (i couldnt explain where the difference lies,but it is,slight though) but strangely the denim feels thinner than my 19cm mij indigo's...i think i do remember reading about past seasons selvedge models being lesser quality.Wonder if the same goes for this season.

im in need of some help. im planning on getting some blk raw mij 21cms. i kno blk raws are very hard to break in, so they wont stretch very much(which i want), so should i downsize to a 27 since theyre 21cms or stick with a true 28 (true 28, but 31ish where i like em at the hips) and im 5"8' 125lbs

You're probably not going to get black raw Diors to stretch out 2 inches without breaking your hip or something.

Hi guys can you tell me I just bought these from Diabro are they 19 or 21 and I are the 2 denims raw or not thanks for looking. I know one is made in Italy and the other Japan.

http://diabro.net/product_info.php/products_id/8638{8}80

http://diabro.net/product_info.php/products_id/8145{8}80

http://diabro.net/product_info.php/products_id/8621{8}80

Just a general question. Do the folks here prefer their diors to be tailored so that the length is just right, or tailored so that they stack a little, or not tailored at all but stacked like crazy?

if you hem em, or cuff em you fucked up...

^there was a guy somewhere in this thread who hemmed his to the length of his leg. it looked suprisingly good.

looking at diabro's measurements it seems the MII's are slimmer than the MIJ's? I thought it was the other way around.

^there was a guy somewhere in this thread who hemmed his to the length of his leg. it looked suprisingly good.

looking at diabro's measurements it seems the MII's are slimmer than the MIJ's? I thought it was the other way around.

It is. The MIJ's are slimmer. Diabro has a few of the measurements wrong (the hems aren't right for either one, for example).

grapist you stated that i would not be able to stretch the blk raws to a 31, but arent the waist for the 28s measured at 15" across? so its jss short of an inch around. correct?

Most people experience less stretching with the blacks. If I recall correctly, you were considering getting a size 27, which would be too small. A 28 would be good. Provided that we're talking about your hips (or where ever you plan to wear them) being 31".

ya.. just got my pair of 19cm in indigo mij's in a 30.. worn for 2 days and already a 34 waist. I hope thats all they stretch to.

Are you saying they were tagged 30" but are an actual 34" now? I'd think that if they actually stretched 4" that would break the stitching as stitching threads wouldn't stretch that much... (in the waist that is...)

Are you saying they were tagged 30" but are an actual 34" now? I'd think that if they actually stretched 4" that would break the stitching as stitching threads wouldn't stretch that much... (in the waist that is...)

He's saying they stretched two inches. Diors measure 2" larger than tagged. It's in the first post.

quick question.. are the raw indigo MIJ 19cm's the same exact cut/fit as the raw black MIJ 19cm's ? slimmer or tighter maybe ?

i think i remember reading somewhere that the fit is the same for black and indigo.