Sign in to follow this  
lee porter

Black horse lane ateliers

Hi has anyone have pair of these jeans? You get a free lifetime repair service and the are put together different like how the old fashioned tailors made denim jeans 

would be interesting to get a glimpse...

guess, they work for a slightly different demographic - Drake's - and would be comparable to Bryceland, etc.

I’ve been to their factory and their store when it was in Shoreditch. Some really nice pieces, especially the chore jacket and it would interesting to see a faded version of the Turkish selvedge. The only problem is that I have too much denim, which stops anything they have from jumping out at me. If I buy anything it will be to support a local brand but would I wear it, maybe for a week or two, tops.

I really like what I am seeing & will try make time to visit store and workshop next time.

by now, there are some nice UK brands that seem to do everything (or most) right - Dawson Denim, Hiut Denim, Blackhorse Lane, Joe Denim and the occasional, smaller men's wear labels (with their collaborations).
most of them seem to be putting on their own spin rather than trying to purely imitating Japanese brands.

still waiting to see people post their own, broken-in BHL pairs here...

Edited by Foxy2

15 hours ago, lee porter said:

Sorry I don’t understand what you mean? 

they seem to target a slightly different audience than the average SuFu Denimhead - leaner, clean cuts worn "dressy" - I guess, London being their location might have something to do with it as well.

yeah it would be interesting to see some worn in pairs I walked past a pop up shop accidentally in Mayfair on Saturday and Hans The owner of the company was showing me his jeans really nice guy I definitely don’t need anymore jeans but they can make them bespoke for you they have a new shop in kings cross 

8 hours ago, lee porter said:

yeah it would be interesting to see some worn in pairs I walked past a pop up shop accidentally in Mayfair on Saturday and Hans The owner of the company was showing me his jeans really nice guy I definitely don’t need anymore jeans but they can make them bespoke for you they have a new shop in kings cross 

saw the post & pics on permanentstyle - very nice!

BTW: you are talking about Han not Hans...

Does Han have a partner or is he a Solo operator?