Vinneus

Did anyone attend the trunk show at Haven? I'm surprised no more photos have surfaced of the collection.

No photos were allowed but there are definitely some pictures floating around.

Tried on a lot of the outerwear pieces, sizing is all over the place.

Checked out the trunk show today and was pretty stoked with what I saw. 

The mid top Griz was better in person. Tried them on and they are perfect. Liked them much better than the standard Griz actually. The sneakers were meh, but the rubber stripes on the midsole were a nice touch, not to mention extremely time consuming. The new outsole for the FBT was killer. Loved the little details which included a navy indigo dyed patch toward the center and four stitches toward the toe (see photo above). Featured a different Vibram outsole on there too which looked like it had better traction.

As for the clothes, there was about 30% of the line present so I can only speak for what I saw. Also I'm not the most forward of Vis consumers, so take that as you will.

The 101 came in really nice overdyed denim in red, navy, black, and a nice deep forest green. The weight was excellent, perfect for everyday and a great transition piece. The green was the standout, it was just a perfect shade and had great highs and lows to it. Almost looked the same as the indigo the way you could see different tones within it. Also, just as a precursor, there was a lot more black in the line than I'm used to seeing. All of it was rather worn looking, which was a nice touch.

There were the llhamo in suede which was excellent. The suede used in Visvim's collections is quite something. Makes me want to sleep in it.

There was a bomber style jacket with a shirt collar, button cuffs that was just excellent. Sorry I don't know the name of it but I've never seen it before in any of the previous collections. The fabric was kind of silk-like but thicker and not as sheen and it had a kind of worn-in effect to it. It came in red, navy, green from what I saw. It was definitely one of the standouts in the collection. Another standout which I only saw in the lookbook was a pullover anorak in red. It was fucking rad. 

Shirting was the same just new fabric inlays or prints. There were new iterations of the Duke shirt which were great; new prints in navy/white and reverse white/navy aloha style prints done in the same fabric as Ss15. Then there were some geometric style prints in the duke silhouette but in a slightly lighter weight cotton fabric. Both of these were winners for me but then again I would wear my duke shirt everyday if I could. 

Tees were cool. There was a hand painted FIL shirt that was pretty dope. 

There was another shirt that was half tunic with a bib like panel with a really nice inlay of stripe pattern fabric and the rest was a jersey, t-shirt material. I liked looking at it but wished it was just a shirt. The print was really nice.

Flannels are always the highlight for me and I have too many as it is but this season had some great ones. Specifically this one Hiroki is wearing;

tumblr_nsuctnD5981s770ggo1_500.jpg

This also comes in the form of bucket hats which were really fun.

Some new pastoral shorts in different fabrics that matched back to the denim 101 I saw. Fabric wasn't quite as nice as the s15 but the colors were cool. Again the green was a standout here. 

The rest of the pants were, well, there. Honestly I love the pants, they fit fantastic but there was nothing that really stood out from the norm. Which is actually fine with me, just nothing to report.

Other than that, the only other standout was a french work-style jacket that was a kind of heavier cotton and came in black and khaki. Very cool and very versatile. Loved the black here as it was nice and worn out.

So I think that's about it. Hopefully this helps shed some light on some things until pictures surface. Over all it was a great showing with great colors and nice fabrics. Also the styling in the lookbook was great. 

Oh just remembered there was a funny little sea shell print available in a handful of items but it really looked the best in one of the WMV dresses. 

Edited by inthedarkesthour

apologies for minor derail, but i feel like it's better to be asking dedicated visvim thread vs. small questions thread; please do correct me if i'm wrong etc etc--

would anyone know if there are fake serra pizis out there? what're some good ways to tell? i'm looking at a second-hand pair but the toebox shape leaves me unsure and the sole speckling seems way too dense vs. other photos i've seen. laces are more frayed than other photos too but i could chalk that up to use. if photos would help do let me know and i'll post them wherever might be appropriate 

thanks in advance/sorry again for derailing

apologies for minor derail, but i feel like it's better to be asking dedicated visvim thread vs. small questions thread; please do correct me if i'm wrong etc etc--

would anyone know if there are fake serra pizis out there? what're some good ways to tell? i'm looking at a second-hand pair but the toebox shape leaves me unsure and the sole speckling seems way too dense vs. other photos i've seen. laces are more frayed than other photos too but i could chalk that up to use. if photos would help do let me know and i'll post them wherever might be appropriate 

thanks in advance/sorry again for derailing

somebody asked yesterday nearly the same question in a Facebook-Group, he had the purple pair of the pizis and the material of the corduroy was splitted into two parts. He wasn't sure if those are fake or real. I got black ones and the the corduroy on my shoes is one part. mb u should just post a picture? 

I think that is actually the printed Lhamo. There were a bunch of printed items in the collection, all with that hand drawn look. The print I saw most was the one featured on Haven's invite seen at the very top of this page.

Also I went back the second day, mostly to place an order but to see some of the items again and looking at the pictures I put up in the second post you can actually see a lot of the things I described (albeit not very clear).

The red pullover anorak hanging on the wall is seen in the first photo. In that same photo you can see the new Duke shirts at the front of the closest rack in the front; One comes in checkerboard (forgot to mention that one earlier) in multiple colors including brown and red, then there is a small flower print s/s shirt that comes in both light green and red. Also that striped top in the same photo is the new Dugout shirt which I saw in indigo dyed with white stripe and also comes in the reverse of that. 

Also here's another pic of the FBT's

tumblr_nrq1p6LIq91qhqlaao1_1280.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-17%20at%208.34.0

As for the green in the 101, it's more of a forest green. It was one of the highlights for me as it was extremely versatile but still a nice pop of color.

I need the Virgil Raffia-Folk boots in indigo.  Retail price isn't pretty, but they look unreal.  

somebody asked yesterday nearly the same question in a Facebook-Group, he had the purple pair of the pizis and the material of the corduroy was splitted into two parts. He wasn't sure if those are fake or real. I got black ones and the the corduroy on my shoes is one part. mb u should just post a picture? 

pics here 

thanks for all the help!

just scope taobao for a similar model, if you see something like it at a cheap price they probably made a fake. I don't recall them putting out serras with that tag anyways, could be wrong through...

http://world.taobao.com/search/search.htm?_ksTS=1439947087875_35&spm=20150731.1&_input_charset=utf-8&navigator=all&json=on&q=visvim%20serra&callback=__jsonp_cb&cna=r5UODlO6rTACAUL5lz3QaLlQ&abtest=null

Edit: Eighteenblog pics indicate several differences- theyre probably fake: http://eighteen.exblog.jp/19050274/

Edited by Fycus

denim ones and older models definitely, but all the photo results I've seen for the Pizi model which I also handled in Kyoto don't have the split

taobao has pics of plastic looking pizi boots with a split in the corduroy

edit: well that ragtag pic above definitely has a split panel, but that's the first I've seen outside of taobao

https://www.google.com/search?q=serra+pizi+boots&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS536US536&espv=2&biw=1654&bih=958&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIjJuM5dG1xwIVxyqICh22qgC3#

Edited by Planetarium

Going to upload some more photos tonight but in the meantime I found this one. The light brown on the new grizzly was really cool, nice and light looking but went with everything a darker brown would go with. It'll be my new go to spring boot that's for sure.

11856745_757135364408728_957954745_n.jpg

Edited by inthedarkesthour