gap -- winter 06.

chris

I bought a pair of men's morrisons in the smallest size they had and i love 'em. I bought the dark indigo overdyed. They're practically black, really thick, skinny as fuck and tapered... I think they're perfect. Probably the only thing from GAP I've ever found that I've liked.

ha, just in time. the first gap store in singapore opens in a week or so.

i'll go and see if they are going to bring decent stuff in...probably not much in the way of jackets and stuff though, the climate isn't made for outerwear.

fingers crossed.

...i hope they stock menswear.

good lord. they just updated their site with all of the RED stuff. $198 gap jeans? ridiculous!

Half the profits from Gap (PRODUCT) REDâ„¢ styles go directly to the Global Fund to help fight AIDS.

• Made from 100% African cotton and woven on Japanese looms, this high-quality denim has a deep indigo color and is slightly green-cast, a unique characteristic of this African fabric.
  • Retro specs: a 1950's-inspired style with a more tailored fit, authentic Indigo Chambray details, choice of vintage belted back detail or standard belt loops, and hand-hammered hardware
  • Sew detailed: allover khaki topstitiching, handstitching on coin and back welt pockets, signature red single needle stitch at inseam, signature (RED)â„¢ badge detail
  • Side slant pockets
  • 100% African cotton. Machine wash. made in USA.

Half the profits from Gap (PRODUCT) REDâ„¢ styles go directly to the Global Fund to help fight AIDS.

• In the spirit of the Japanese concept, "Wabi Sabi" (imperfection perfection), we have used modern technology to re-create that one-of-a-kind vintage look, for denim that is truly and uniquely yours.
  • High-quality Japanese cotton denim
  • A hint of stretch for a feminine fit
  • Sits low on the waist, slim through the hip and thigh, tapered leg opening
  • Real Indigo Chambray lining in pockets and inner waistband
  • Sew detailed: allover khaki topstitiching, handstitching on coin and back welt pockets, signature red single needle stitch at inseam.
  • Hand-hammered hardware, zip fly.
  • 98% Japanese cotton, 2% Spandex. Machine wash. made in USA.

i think the red stuff doesnt look all that bad; dunno if its worth the cash though.

i just went to the gap like 5 days ago, and i was actually pleasantly surprised. i got a pair of morrisons; i thought the fit was pretty darn good. The fall blazers and whatnot can be found on ebay for supercheap though.

Didn't see any winter stuff here yet though. maybe because i live in hawaii? ...

good lord. they just updated their site with all of the RED stuff. $198 gap jeans? ridiculous!

• Made from 100% African cotton and woven on Japanese looms, this high-quality denim has a deep indigo color and is slightly green-cast, a unique characteristic of this African fabric.
  • Retro specs: a 1950's-inspired style with a more tailored fit, authentic Indigo Chambray details, choice of vintage belted back detail or standard belt loops, and hand-hammered hardware
  • Sew detailed: allover khaki topstitiching, handstitching on coin and back welt pockets, signature red single needle stitch at inseam, signature (RED)â„¢ badge detail
  • Side slant pockets
  • 100% African cotton. Machine wash. made in USA.

• In the spirit of the Japanese concept, "Wabi Sabi" (imperfection perfection), we have used modern technology to re-create that one-of-a-kind vintage look, for denim that is truly and uniquely yours.
  • High-quality Japanese cotton denim
  • A hint of stretch for a feminine fit
  • Sits low on the waist, slim through the hip and thigh, tapered leg opening
  • Real Indigo Chambray lining in pockets and inner waistband
  • Sew detailed: allover khaki topstitiching, handstitching on coin and back welt pockets, signature red single needle stitch at inseam.
  • Hand-hammered hardware, zip fly.
  • 98% Japanese cotton, 2% Spandex. Machine wash. made in USA.

i think gap is finally turning around....however i have to ask myself, i feel like this charity stuff is so fucking fake. between being called out in using sweatshop workers and having their stock decline in the past year, i feel like all this stuff is for publicity purposes.

thats why their red line is basically the same exact thing as their regular line except they doubled the price and are giving half of that to charity, so they get the same profit either way. hmm..

hey chris is gap still doing any machine washable merino wool stuff? i picked up a full zip cardigan last year or so and love the fact i can throw it in the wash